Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Buying Advise

Options
  • 13-01-2004 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

I'm in the market for a new TV. I want to get a 32" widescreen and have at most €1500 to spend. Any advice on what make, model, etc to buy and where in the Dublin area to buy it would be great.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I'm looking at the moment, might take advantage of the sales, and so far I've seen the best prices in DID. You should be able to pick up a 100Hz 32inch widescreen for just over 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

In order of preference

Panasonic
    JVC
    Phillips

go for 100HZ and pure flat screen. Don't be bothered too much about dolby sound as you can always add that later.

Stores:
    DID ("double the difference guarantee")
    also check Arnott's

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

a friend of mine picked up a sony kv32fq70 in the sony centre on oconnell street the other day for €1299 r so. about the best price ive seen (am also in the market) tis a lovely set

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I recently bought a 36" TV from the UK - www.tvandvideodirect.com - cost me €2000 - saved €1000 on the same tv if I bought it here. They charged £60 shipping and I got it in 2 days.

Have a look online from the UK - first make sure they have UHF & VHF tuners b4 buying

Hyzepher

Advertisement