Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial Games/Publishers for Phantom revealed

Options
  • 13-01-2004 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Infinium Labs have revealed the list of initial games and publishers for the Phantom, and you can check them out here.

Personally, I can only see three or four games there that I would only consider to play ("Quest for Saddam" seems interesting). They have a few significant publishers on board, but there seems to be alot of shovelware. And whats 3DO doing there, didn't they go down and out?

So, will I be buying the Phantom? No.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I still think this is a bit of vapor ware - and until I see one running or read a report from someone who saw one running I just dont believe it exists :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea - waffle..

even if its real (huge if) its gonna sink without a trace as who is going to buy it - who is going to stock it, who is going to make games for it etc

Developers and Publishers wont invest money in making games for a console with no real backer and no proof that anyone will ever buy it. Enough developers are in enough trouble already!

Punters wont buy a console from a company they have never heard of..

Punters wont buy a console with no games on..

etc

I therefore am pretty certain its vaporware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

It'd be nice if it wasn't just a pipe dream and troll, but I'm still of the belief that it is. Microsoft appear to believe it ain't though, so, never know, it might just be appearing in full this year.

It'll be a good console if it does due to the ease of getting games (if your on broadband that is) and other of its selling points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    It'd be nice if it wasn't just a pipe dream and troll, but I'm still of the belief that it is. Microsoft appear to believe it ain't though, so, never know, it might just be appearing in full this year.
    Well assuming that Microsoft's industrial espionage is up to date, they could be right - personally I don't think it does exist.; I don't believe the Phantom exists - and with the holding back of even turning it on, if it _did_ exist, the demos would have to be pretty impressive to sway gamers in a clogged market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement