Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake3 league week 6 review

Options
  • 19-03-2000 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Well today we seen the last of the qualifying for the semi finals.

DK v DF : Default win to DK
    H v BIO : gg but Hurlin came out on top.
    DK v H : Win to H
    BIO v 4P : default win to BIO

so in simple terms this means that DK are now through to semi finals. Well done DK. But the 2 qualifying place will have to be played off. (BIO v H) on sunday at 1.00pm on dm6.

Here is the schedules for the semi finals.

2.00pm PS v (BIO or H) levels (dm6/dm7/dm14)
    5.00pm DK v Seven levels (dm6/dm7/dm14)

Some good news by the way we have got some sponsorship from a number of different people for the league. winners of the league will recieve a prize to the value of approx 100 per team member. 400 pound for the team. The losers however get nothing. smile.gif. So best of luck to all teams in semis. smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

say WHAT smile.gif
    nono pleaase giv the runners up enuf for a ****up !!!!!! smile.gif
    PS ye know yell win dont hog it :PPP

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think I should apologise on behalf of DF for not showing up. However, none of us are particularly arsed with Q3, to be honest. The general feeling is its a bit crap, teamplay-wise. Everyone seems to be more interested in UT. Personally, I'm gonna push for us to start playing Counter-Strike and hopefully TF2.
    Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Does the lpb/hpb restrictions still apply for the semis and the finals ?

Its near impossible for us to play our best team with these impositions. Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 20-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

I'm afraid so eric. For this season anyway. Sorry about that mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I know this sugestion will be unpopular after what happened in the original IQCL but we could always hold the semis and finals on LAN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Could hold it at shadows lan, would help get the crowd in anyway. Besides i doubt there will be a uk team in it.

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭daire

Yeah, they should really be played on a LAN. littleargh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

El Pres,

lad what was so unpopular about the first IQCL finals? the fact that everyone was away when the finals where on or that it was on a lan. I thought it was a good day, even if most of the teams where missin players, bar CT who had too many smile.gif..

Ro

Yeah, I wouldn't be too happy missing the game if the clan clashes with ****. smallman.gif

The lpb restriction will be lifted next season. But for now all games will be played on net including the Finals. Then theres no excuse for people not being able to make the games. So forget about having it on lan.

Jedi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Sweet.

gwan jedi, only man for the job i tell ya.

No lpb restriction would really change the league. Teams like Se7en and DZR who can field 4 lpb squads would really have the advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

eh the original IQCL was a success, loads of people came to the lan and almost everyone played

the reason it died down was because people didnt want to play on the net when we had already played on lan, it was like "we dont care if we might lose on a 300 ping, we just beat you on lan"

i say we hold the finals at a lan, if not the semis as well, especially as there are prizes involved..
    definitely hold them at a lan if both teams agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

yea, even if it was just nethouse, where the four teams showed up.
    Its obviously better on a LAN.

(INSERT TOKEN DIG HERE--> Or are you scared Tom? FOLLOWED BY TOKEN SMILEY --> biggrin.gif )

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

although id normally say keep the league the same the whole way through i reckon zero is right (!)
    i mean, all were gonna hear for next 24 months is how someone raped someone else coz the other team had better pings and stuff. if all the teams agree then let them play on a lan. mind you, all we will hear then is 'i wasnt on my own pc' and i didnt have my special intellimouse with quad timer on it' and all the other usual ****e people come out with.
    lets face the team that wins, wins coz they got more frags, who cares how they get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

play it on the net and get it over with, and drop the lpb restrictions for next season, perhaps have 2 divisions, the mostly lpb in 1, mostly hpb in other.

if you want to have a lan league, go ahead. this is a 2hpb/2lpb league, therefore play it out as such, and quit bloody whinging constantly about your connections ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Play it on the net...finish it the way it started.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If there are big prizes involved and given the tempermental state of Q3's server you really should play it on a lan.

Firstly its fairer. Secondly there prizes involved so the reasons to cheat are considerably increased.
    Thirdly I recall everyone having a ball at the IQCL and the only problem was that it was in the middle of the summer and lots of people were away.

Shadowlan sounds like a good place to hold them.

Tom.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

btw, I'm going and I'm volunteering to help run an SC 2v2 competition. (Eric you up to help?)

I'll also run a CA knockout if there is interest, quite possibly something a little different this time....

This time we wont be a problem with getting kicked out early but I still envision people getting hideously twisted and going asleep etc... mmm hotdogs ala FTI would be good too!

DeV.

• Advertisement

Hey, I know, we can gather results and plug them into the ladders too to give them a kick start. People can just report wins and losses to me and I'll plug them in and create profiles for them. That way they are setup and ready to go with some data behind them.

Wotchall think?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

oh whats that? hrulin have progressed? strange seeing as we were going to be 'whipping boys'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

i think that holding it during ShadoWLAN would be a great idea, although i would like to see the season finish the way it started.
    it doesn't affect me, cause we at [ir] did not progress, (until next time, gadget smile.gif
    so please no one jump down my throat for giving my opinion.

Wyverne [IR]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

ok have a vote first , if people want a starcraft duel competition or a 2v2

there arent enough people or time to do both, so we may as well decide before the lan

Well Ronin it was a bit before my time but I thought people were annoyed at it being held on LAN because they had to wait so long for the thing to happen. After which there wasn't eneogh momentium to maintain a second season.

Although I always hold on the posiblity that I might be dead wrong.

You're dead wrong! Yo BIG you're dead wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

yeah kill this lpb restriction for next season, it's a pian in the ****

Lads to stop anymore confusion, The league will go ahead the same as any other League in europe and be played out on the Net not LAN.

Problems that I foresee; If DK get through which I think they might (sorry seven). One of there players Meandy will not be able make it as he is not irish. And another reason I don't agree with it is that Players that have played all season for a clan will be dropped for in the final is played on lan. Just so teams can play some ninja lan players (that goes for PS also). Thats not what this league is about. That would be Bull****.

E.g.
    PS will play Ser on lan (so either
    el-pres,chaos or myself will not get a prize) don't think they'd like that.

Seven will change there team also on lan, leaving someone who played all season with out a prize.

DK will have to leave Meandy out. Not fair as he has played well for them.

As for Bio if they make it forget it.

You under stand what I mean. Thats why I want to complete this league out on the net. So that the players who have helped there team get the whole way to the finals get the prize they deserve.

So thats my final call on it, Thx for the other suggestions.

Thx
    Jedi

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 21-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

well said jedi, put the foot down smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

why was he holding it up in the air in the first place b.o.n
    ?????????

Advertisement