Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New signing for fergie

• 13-01-2004 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Manchester United have agreed to sign teenage striker Dong Fangzhou from Chinese club Dalian Shide.

Link

He was at trial at the club last september.
    Guardian Unlimited quote Fangzhou saying "It will be a dream to join United. I learned such a lot during my time at the club. My positioning and running into the box have become sharper and my heading has definitely improved."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

:eek:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

He won't be able to play at United until he gets a work permit or a EU passport though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

well look at the date

13/1/04 8:13 AM
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

He was at trial at the club last september.
    usually lasts one week
    It will be a dream to join United. I learned such a lot during my time at the club. My positioning and running into the box have become sharper and my heading has definitely improved
    This lad must have total sh*te to start out with.
    He certainly wasn't signed because of his marketing potential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

This lad must have total sh*te to start out with.

Sorry but do you speak English?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

was wondering what that meant myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

The words Public Relations Exercise spring to mind.Even if they sell about 5 thousand shirts with his name on in china will pay for this blatant bit of pimping.Only United or Real would have the neck to try it..Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Ah give the guy a break until you've seen him play. He could actually be pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by [DF]Lenny
    The words Public Relations Exercise spring to mind.Even if they sell about 5 thousand shirts with his name on in china will pay for this blatant bit of pimping.Only United or Real would have the neck to try it..Enough said.
    Do you think Fergie would spend a possible £3.5mil on a player just to sell shirts? He is not going to sell shirts if he is playing for the reserves so Fergie would have to play him in the first team. Would he do that with a player he didn't think was half decent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Only United or Real would have the neck to try it..

Only United or Real would generate the interest in China to be able to do it successfully. So again it falls into the category of good business practice .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

its not just shirts they are goin to sell in china think of al the merchandise(sp?) they will sell with the united logo on it, china has a population of over 1300000000!!! thats a lot of people:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

its not just shirts they are goin to sell in china think of al the merchandise(sp?) they will sell with the united logo on it, china has a population of over 1300000000!!! thats a lot of people

LoadsaMoney !:D

Hope they spend it wisely.;)

Advertisement