Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident with a Scooter

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by tunney
    Many cyclists on the roads, even commuters, regularly travel at speeds up 35mph

Am I missing something here, why am I or anyone I know not traveling at this speed when I'm on my bike
    :p
    but motorists in general are very anti-cyclist in their driving styles

I'd have to 100% agree with that one, and your reasons stated.
    In the 6 months I've almost been knocked down atleast 6 times by cars pulling out from shops on the main road on my way to work.
    I wouldn't mind but on one occasion I was as far as the drivers door when he decided to pull out onto the main road at speed.
    He just tipped the back of my bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

as the drivers door

Don't get me started on drivers doors! If people are going to throw their doors open they could at least check for traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Victor
    Talk to a solicitor and get them to do a "full and final settelment" agreement.

Been done today, Garda refused to admit he said it was 50 - 50 he just said that he witnessed both parties agreeing to pay for each others damage.

Brother is paying him the money with a signed full and final settlement letter today, sister in law won't speak to him she 100% convinced he pulled straight out in front of her.

Ah well case closed, thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by irish1
    she was almost stopped at time of impact and the damage caused he was moving, I'd say speed of 30 - 40 mph
    How did he survive at that speed? 50-95% of people should be killed at that speed and all injured. "Full and final settlement" is important.*

* Ow my neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by Cabaal

In the 6 months I've almost been knocked down atleast 6 times by cars pulling out from shops on the main road on my way to work.
    I wouldn't mind but on one occasion I was as far as the drivers door when he decided to pull out onto the main road at speed.
    He just tipped the back of my bike.

I have had some Scary expiernces with cars when I was cycling...it got safer to walk my bike on the footpath when busy round-a-bouts were concerned.....

The worst expierences that i have had though were of pedestrians...I'm very aprihensive when it comes to cars and it try to keep my wits about me but I have lost track of how many times a person has just walked in front of me...

I was 17 and Cycling to grinds on a bright October evening, I was coing down the Castle road towards the parade (if you know Kilkenny at all) and there was very little traffic on the road and I was doing a comfortable pace down the hill towards the traffic lights...there was a bus area to the left of me and i was a good 2 - 3 feet from the buses...making sure that i was in close incase of Cars that pull in and out in the area...

Out from the front of the Bus a women pushes her buggy in front of her out on to the road (she probably thought it was quiet and was going to cross anyway)...I didnt have time to swerve and quick thinking had me pull the Back brake first real hard and then immediately afterwards pull the front brake..again as hard as i could and try to make a ****-up of a bunny hop so as to stop dead and land yourself on the ground without skidding into the buggy (its the best as i can explain what i tried)

I landed dead on my back with the bike wrapped around me, a foot away from the buggy and the bitch never took any notice and continued to cross the road while i lay there in agony....

Sometimes you never know what a pedestrian might do...

• Advertisement
Advertisement