Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Legal?

Options
  • 13-01-2004 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I am trying to ensure my E25 10 year paper license actually lasts close to 10 years. Was thinking of laminating it - or giving it some form of protective layer. Would the guards or other get excited due to the fact that I had modified it?

What options are there for protecting licenses except leaving them in a safe somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

You could buy a license holder.
    I got a nice green one with 'IRL' and 'Eire' on the cover.

They can usually be purchased in a good motor factors or
    tourist shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Originally posted by Chaz
    I am trying to ensure my E25 10 year paper license actually lasts close to 10 years. Was thinking of laminating it - or giving it some form of protective layer. Would the guards or other get excited due to the fact that I had modified it?

What options are there for protecting licenses except leaving them in a safe somewhere?

Strange thing is, my license which I got in 1996 *was* laminated when I got it and has survived numerous mishaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Mine has the front plastic bit on it - but thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I am trying to ensure my E25 10 year paper license actually lasts close to 10 years. Was thinking of laminating it - or giving it some form of protective layer. Would the guards or other get excited due to the fact that I had modified it
    Would this prevent endorsements being added?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Yes it would prevent them being added. So yes they would have a problem with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Endorsements arent physically added are they?
    What are they exactly? Points are another issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Endorsements arent physically added are they? What are they exactly? Points are another issue?
    I think there is a small blank section entitled "endorsements" which has text added for each driving conviction.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Its written in writing on the licence and then stamped.

Advertisement