Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd writer questions

• 13-01-2004 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭

hey all

I've just got myself a Pioneer 106 Dvd writer. Its my first dvd writer so I'm learning at the mo what I can do. I've heard you can make this dvd region free? Any ideas how this is achieved? and any other tips are welcome

also, any good online resources for Dvd burning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

check the older threads for making a DVD drive region free. (I would but my internet is so slow it'd take more time than i've got at the moment). Try these terms... region free firmware.

I posted on this a short while ago with a link to the various firmwares for making a drive region free.

Alternatively do a google for " *insert drive make and model here* region free firmware" e.g. "Creative CRX210e1 region free firmware"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You should find all you need Here

Cal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

try-www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/hackable.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Can I ask if this is the one which ALDI were selling a week ago ? I think it was black internal IDE ? Would be v.interested in how you get on with the Writer ... seems to be the best value for money out there and am about to purchase. Would you recommend it ?

Regards
    Jolly

PS ALDI sold out of theirs in 30 mins in Coolock, Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

• Advertisement
Advertisement