Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Sound problem (DirectX)

Options
  • 14-01-2004 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

I have been trying to write a program with Direct Sound (part of DirectX) that will play two pure tones together (sine waves at 1000Hz and 700Hz).

Created the buffers and changed primary buffer to 16 bit 44100 samples, loading in two .wav files at the correct settings (16bit, 44100 sample rate again)

Each tone plays fine when I play it on its own. The problem is the program is for a project that deals with 2 or more pure tones played at the same time, so I need both buffers to play at the same time.

When I play both buffers at the same time I get really garbled output from DirectSound. I have played the two tones in a sound player and they don't sound at all like what DS is producing when they are played together.

Anyone have any ideas.

Advertisement