Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi Spots?

• 14-01-2004 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

I know this is a long shot, but are there any coffee shops or other places in Dublin that have 802.11b set up? It doesn't even have to be free :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I think the Globe pub and its chain have, and also Adrian Weckler was writing about some cafe in the Sunday Business Post's computer mag - but it was a dear place, as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

I use Chester Beatty Library in dublin castle regularly, it's free and it's in their coffee shop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Originally posted by sirlinux
    I use Chester Beatty Library in dublin castle regularly, it's free and it's in their coffee shop!!

wow! that would be ideal. can you stay there for, say, 3-4 hours provided you buy something each hour? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Never stayed that long!! hope your battery last that long, it says on the logon page you cant plug in. But im sure it's no problem, it's pretty relaxed there (though a tad busy at lunch time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Ahh..no power supply. Would have to take the iBook then; it can still do 3.5 hrs on the battery :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭bettyboo

The chain recently set up some wi-fi deal and as far as i know it should be available at all there branches by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

If you are on a short medium term visit to Dublin
    www.shortlets.ie
    have free Broadband WiFi for residents.

(I must declare an interest here)

Advertisement