Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heskey to AC Milan

• 14-01-2004 4:37am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

From BBC Football:
    Middlesbrough boss Steve McClaren has opened talks with Emile Heskey to bring the Liverpool striker to the Riverside (Daily Mail)
    Okay, perhaps plausible...
    Heskey, however, is also wanted by AC Milan on a loan until the end of the season (The Times)
    LOL :)

Man i love the BBC football rumour page :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

From todays indo....

Milan and Middlesbrough in battle to sign Heskey

EMILE HESKEY is wanted by AC Milan for one of the most extraordinary transfers since Luther Blissett went from Watford to the San Siro 21 years ago.

A more likely destination for the England striker is Middlesbrough, but the interest of the European Cup holders has so intrigued Heskey's agents that they flew to Italy this week to discuss a loan deal.

Milan have offered to take Heskey until the end of the season. It is not easy to see where he would fit in at the San Siro alongside Andrei Shevchenko and Filippo Inzaghi, but the Serie A club evidently need for a big target man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

I hope he does go but i doubt really why he would go to ac milan , boro seems a more likely option for him to get his game.Good news for liverpool as we have baros back soon, owen, pognelle and not to mention cisse next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

to be honest i don't really care where he goes... just get him off the pay roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Depending on how correct these stoires are , and as bad as Heskey can be I dont think Liverpool should let him go if they are selling him until the end of the season. Baros isnt back to full fitness yet. St Michael is still very susceptable to recurring injuries and Cisse aint a Liverpool player yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

ROFLMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by smiaras
    Sounds like Heskey's agent, Loof Lirpa, broke the news on the Milan story.
    Sounds like Heskey's agent, Loof Lirpa broke the news on the Milan story.

He won't be going for a few months yet so.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

its more than one paper, and seems alarmingly informed. twould be a bit of shocka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm of the opinion that Heskey (and just about every other Liverpool player) is wasted under Houllier who has the tactical ability of an orange. I think that under a different manager, Heskey could show a whole new side. So whether he gets to do it at Liverpool under a new manager, or somewhere else completely remains to be seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Can we move this to the humour thread, purely for the threads title.

• Advertisement

straying off topic slightly, had Owen not intimated that his dad would be looking after his affairs?

and i agree with a previuos point that few LFC players are showing their class under houllier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I think Uberwolf is right there. He is reported to want his father to look after his affairs.

After listening to his post match comments on saturday I think Owen will be signing an extension once his agents get back from holidays.

Smiaras is right I read that in one of the Tabloids this morning. I think it was the Sun. I will post a link later if I can find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heres the latest - from telegraph
    AC Milan have dismissed newspaper reports that they are interested in signing Liverpool striker Emile Heskey.

Milan's sporting director Ariedo Braida said: "No, we are not interested in Heskey. We are not looking for a striker and it's unlikely that we will make a move in the January transfer window."

Heskey has also been linked to a move to Middlesbrough.

I think he should stay anyway for thee reasons stated above and he's playing well at the mo.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This from lcliverpoolnetwork
    EMILE HESKEY has revealed his determination to make England's Euro 2004 squad - as well as saving his Anfield career.

The 26-year-old striker, has admitted his days at Liverpool are in the last-chance saloon unless he can convince boss Gerard Houllier he is worth another contract.

Heskey, whose current contract expires in 18 months, has been a regular target for fans' fury in recent months and even Houllier, a consistent backer of the player, has showed signs of losing patience.

However Liverpool's mini-revival in the past month has been accompanied by some much-improved performances from Heskey, and the powerful frontman knows only more of the same will see him realise his dual targets for the season - winning a contract extension at the Reds and convincing national chief Sven-Goran Eriksson to give him one of the prized striker berths for the tournament in Portugal.

"I'm 26, I'm not getting any younger, so it's important I stay involved," said Heskey. "I've got the European Championships to think of as well as my Liverpool future, so there's no getting away from the importance of the next few months.

"I know my future is on the line. It always is at a club like this. We're always being linked with strikers and you have to be turning in the performances every week, or someone else will take your place."

Someone else who could well be taking Heskey's place in the summer is Djibril Cisse, the highly-rated Auxerre striker who looks set for a switch to Merseyside in time for next season.

And Heskey is under no illusions that he will need a special second half of the season in order to stay put.

He added: "With 18 months to go, I'm playing for another contract.

"I want one and will do my best to earn one. I've heard the stories about Cisse coming and the weeks ahead will be crucial for me. I don't want to go anywhere, so I have to make sure I'm performing at a high level on a regular basis.

"I've got to merit a new deal. The crunch may come at the end of the season. That will probably be decision time, so it's going to be a vital period between now and then."

He knows and we knows...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

what ever club he goes to he will ask for little wages as he is making a fortune
    on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

EMILE HESKEY is wanted by AC Milan for one of the most extraordinary transfers since Luther Blissett went from Watford to the San Siro 21 years ago.

Ah yes. The memories of Luther Blissett come flooding back. He was as bad at the San Siro as Heskey is at Anfield!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The 26-year-old striker
    I really thought Heskey was a lot older than that. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Soccer net
    AC Milan have dismissed newspaper reports they are interested in signing Liverpool striker Emile Heskey.

Milan's sporting director Ariedo Braida said: "No, we are not interested in Heskey. We are not looking for a striker and it's unlikely that we will make a move in the January transfer window."

In the U.K., The Mirror and The Times both linked Heskey with a move to Premiership Middlesbrough on Wednesday with the latter claiming the European champions were also interested.

Looks like it wont be happening...

Looks like it wont be happening...

Whats his agent on about then the fool?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

i wouldnt pay heskey the bus fare to come play for me

I got a txt saying middlesborough arein negotaions. they'd jump at achance to sign cisse before window closes.

text must be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

This is hilarious.
    AC Milan want Heskey but couldn't find a place for Rivaldo!!

He's going nowhere until after the Euro's if at all. Cisse is a different type of player to Heskey. If anybody is going it will be Owen to be replaced by Cisse in 2005. Cisse will spend the best part of next season on the 'Pool bench with Owen playing out of his skin looking for a new club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Quote:

i wouldnt pay heskey the bus fare to come play for me

Mmmm! I cant see him fitting in you chinkychento either !:D

Maybe the ground is softer at AC Milan and Hesky has started this rumour to stop himself getting hurt when he falls over . . bless !!

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

isnt he too young to go to middlesborough???and he can speak english:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by tinky
    Quote:

Mmmm! I cant see him fitting in you chinkychento either !:D

Tinky

sorry we are all not so privalaged to live in swords now minky

heskey would be a good but for someone like hmmmm.... st pats!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I dont think Heskey is good enough for the Premiership let alone la liga. Hed be better off to move to a division 1 team as I think that his where his level of football is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

You lot being way too harsh on the guy...Hesky is just better off being a big fish in a small pond..ergo Middlesborough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ah yes. The memories of Luther Blissett come flooding back. He was as bad at the San Siro as Heskey is at Anfield!

What utter cock!

Luther Blissett was a Legend in Milan in the early eighties!
    He signed when they were relegated to Seria C1 for fraud, he and about 3 other playes who didn't leave when they were relagated DRAGGED Milan from C1 to A, he few years in A Milan had better players, I'll admit, but he is still regarded as a Saint in the San Siro. He always played his heart out, he is basically like Ganz was a few years ago, everyone knew he was sh!te, but he played his heart out and scored important goals from the bench, what more can you ask for in a player besides his best after years of loyal services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Quote:

sorry we are all not so privalaged to live in swords now minky

This is getting boring now ! Would a admin/mod please settle this once and for all !

By the way does anyone have info on this Loof Lirpa - i.e. what month he was born in ????:D

Tinky

man do you remember when we thought this could, for one second, be true!!! :D

NO

• Advertisement

Its that guy Loof Lipra thats behind it all!!!!

Maybe you should either buy them a mirror or spell it out for the Simiaras .:)

A bit premature but a good laugh none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I cant say I can imagine a commentater saying

''Emile heads it onto Andrei GGGGGOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLL''

Advertisement