Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with on-cart save for GBA SP

Options
  • 14-01-2004 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Just interested to see if anyone else has experienced this.....

I bought Mario Kart for the Gameboy Advance and it worked fine for about 2 weeks but now the on-cart save function is screwed. It has lost all my records (cups won, tracks unlocked etc.) and when I complete a new cup now it tries to save but gives the message: "this data cannot be saved".

Obviously this completely spoils the game for me.....has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas how to remedy this? I bought it from CD Wow so I don't know if I'm arsed returning it to Hong Kong or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sounds like the battery has died. Dunno what you could do about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

nah...I don't think that's the cause. Just to clarify, the problem is with the game cartridge , not the machine. I have other games where the save works just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

nothing is ever saved onto the gba. its always on the cart. years ago there were batteries on the carts to maintain an area of sram with charge to hold the data for save the information. once the battery dies no more saving. nowadays i think stuff have moved on with small eeprom chips and such. anyways you cart sounds borked. send it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

well its faulty then. Its no problem to return stuff to cdwow.

Advertisement