Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed - DVD Player

Options
  • 14-01-2004 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I am just about to buy a new DVD player, however I'm not the biggest know-it-all of the DVD world I wondered if anyone could give me some advice.

I am thinking about buying either This Model or This Other Model

But I cannot make up my mind!

Both are mutli region, both play DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW....

I just don't know!

any advice?

/Kone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I recently bought the 330 model and it is a fine DVD player. Very good value too for a Sony multi region DVD player. There seems to be very few differences between the 330 and 430, cosmetic differences on the front of them and the 430 will "remember" where you stopped on 6 DVDs.

I would recommend the 330, save yourself the few quid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Theres a Black Diamond one doing the round at the moment for €80, I got mine in Currys and it has almost all these features. It plays DVD-RW (not sure about DVD+RW), SVCD, CD-RW, MP3, MPEG, it also can play picture JPEG CD's too, so you can bore your friends with your holiday snaps. I've had no problems with it, the picture is great, and I'd reackon it would be up to par with either of the Sony's considering the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I bought the Mistubishi Black Diamond BD48DVD unit in Harvey Norman for about €79. It's multi-region, plays loads of different format discs, and generally works excellently. I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Yup, thats the one I'm talking about, its a great player for such a cheap price. Only things that may be lacking for some users are outputs/inputs on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Thanx Guys,

However I don't think the Mistubishi Black Diamond BD48DVD play DVD+R/RW.......

I think I will go with 330 model...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by Kone
    Thanx Guys,

However I don't think the Mistubishi Black Diamond BD48DVD play DVD+R/RW.......

I think I will go with 330 model...

If it is the same Black Diamond one Powercity have for €70 it definitely does play DVD+RW, I tried it myself.

Advertisement