Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create Your Own Plaque...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Originally posted by Victor
    At first I thought this thread was "Create Your Own Plague" :D

so did I !?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

got so engrossed in all of this, I decided to completely do up my member website

theres nothing there! its all underconstruction!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

sionnach & mr.angry, very nice work on both counts, and its even inspired me to start work on my own boards site

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, sick site there Sionnach, we used to give out a "best members site" kinda award thing (you get nothing of course but people go to your site. Might reinstate it if the quality is going to be that good!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by sionnach
    good idea, i just made up the design for my boards site after my exams finished today, here it is . Nice clean, simple design.
    The links dont work yet, ill try n get a thumbnail gallery n stuff up soon

That is f***ing deadly!

And yes, mine is a little unfinished, to say the least.

I presume DeV's comment was meant to say "slick site"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

yeah dev..personally I thought Sionnach's site was slick...but hay what ever freaks you.

must be the thundercats thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

heh i think he meant slick too :) btw its nice to see the level of posting increasing on this board in the last day or two, its usually very quiet, KEEP IT UP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I think "Sick" is how these hep-cat snowboarders express their appreciation for things that are "cool"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I dont really have "sick" skillz like you lot..but here is my effort

alany.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

banner.jpg

Tlocks wants to pet it

• Advertisement

:cool:
    plaque1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by angelofdeath
    http://members.boards.ie/angelofdeath/plaque1.jpg
    Not very "Death".

well, the angel of death is an angel after all, and the tunnel of white light effect is something thats associated with people passing over into the next life (not that i believe in that, im an atheist) so i thought it was pretty apt *shrugs*

Not my own plaque, but made this for a guitar-god friend of mine... was well chuffed with it,so I decided to throw it up here

AilseaN.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

sinecure1.jpg

I don't like the text, but and I couldn't be arsed trying anything more now.
    Maybe later...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the text looks really B movie :)

what font is that?

"FreshScript" I think

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sinecure, how did you do the "lined" effect on the image on the background?
    That kinda effect that makes it look like its on a really poor telly or being viewed through a set of blinds (if you get what I mean). Its cool and I've never known how to do it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

New one i did :

mintyraven.jpg

Old one :

yellowraven.jpg

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore
    Sinecure, how did you do the "lined" effect on the image on the background?

DeV.

/edit - sorry, didn't see Tellox's post :(

Very simple in Photoshop.
    - Add a new 'layer' to the image, and manually draw lines across this new layer, colour/thickness your choice. For mine, I did really thin white lines.

- Then, making sure this layer is placed on top of the main image, just set the transparency to whatever you like - so you can party see though the image. In mine above, I set the transparency to 30%.

Image without lines:
    sample1.jpg

Image with lines:
    sample2.jpg

Layer settings:
    sample3.jpg

If you don't have photoshop :eek:, then I'm sure there's a similiar way to do it in other half-decent apps.

Hope that helps. I can upoad my original photohop image file if you like.

Sinecure.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

How could one of my usual, pathetic threads about 'image nicknames' encourage people to make full web-sites?

Really, things like this amuse me, but fair play to those putting in an effort.
    Really like the latest nick pics - Been away from boards 'again' for a while now that I'm back to work so I haven't had much time to see much.

Keep it up guys!

(Would love to contribute again, but like most of my earthly possesions, my PC has, once again, ****ed itself up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sorry to bring this back, but could someone make me a plaque, i have 0 photoshop skills

preferably a photoshopping of the word "R4ph"

thanks in advance

r4ph.jpg

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Actually, never mind, that ones fine

thanks a mil sinecure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

raph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

its just a tutorial fromn-sane but anway:

Too large for boards though, tut-tut. :)

Advertisement