Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original Series on DVD??

• 14-01-2004 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

Topic

I was wondering if anyone had any info on when (if ever) TOS will appear on DVD. I would assume that they would probably release it over three box sets like the other series.

I also wonder why it has taken so long to issue DVD versions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

TOS will be released on DVD this year by paramount UK, or so they said in december, things could change

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

all of it at once in the same set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well TNG is the most popular so thats what went first to dvd, also TOS had a major VHS refit a few years back so maybe thats why they where holding off on the dvd, i have no doubt though that all 4 completed series will be on dvd soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Maybe they've crappy source materials and are requiring a lot of remastering work? It was aired a long time ago. Like the way the original Star Wars films were destroyed due to the way they were stored or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Is there some sort of restriction on renting out DVD`s like TOS TNG DS9 VOY because i think Xtra vision reneted out family guy season 3 at one stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well my knowledge isn't great on this but store like xtra vision get a different licence for rentals a single dvd may cost them €50 for example and they don't make there money back on it till they rent it 10 times say or whatever, perhaps for this reason they don't buy box sets like whole season dvd's, perhaps the price for them is huge or perhaps paramount don't do video store copies of em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

True well when family guy season 3 was rented (there where 3 discs) they where rentd sepertaly.

I would say your right and that paramount just dont allow renting of box sets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by User45701
    Is there some sort of restriction on renting out DVD`s like TOS TNG DS9 VOY because i think Xtra vision reneted out family guy season 3 at one stage.
    I don't know about ST specifically but Chartbusters on the headford Road in Galway have stuff like the Sopranos and the West Wing for rental. The Sopranos discs are the individual ones but WW is the box set.

Advertisement