Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Megadeth Album

Options
  • 14-01-2004 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

taken from megadeth.com

New Year updates
    Well, it's been a while. And there has been a lot that has happened since last year.

First off, there is a huge campaign ahead for 2004 and rather than confirm things that are verbal until they materialize, I wanted to wait until the first stage of this project had started and I had something to report that was completed.

I have been in the studio since January 5th, 2004, remixing "Peace Sells, But Who's Buying," as part of a re-release campaign that Capitol Records is planning for this year. In two weeks, once the studio is finished with overdubs for what I am currently working on, I will start on "So Far, So Good, So What."

"Peace Sells" was finished last Friday, January 10th, 2004, and is now being shipped off for Mastering. This is the first of the entire Megadeth catalogue to be remixed for Capitol Records. The previous 5.1 surround sound re-release was not remixed, although I wanted it done prior to the record being put into 5.1 format. Unfortunately, DTS, the company that financed the project had limited funds and could not afford a remix, as well as mixing the record into 5.1 surround sound.

Other Releases
    Capitol also intends on re-releasing the MD.45 record featuring Lee Ving on vocals from the punk rock band Fear.

I am also working on other material that everyone seems to know about, so I will confirm this:

1) Yes, I am in the studio working on Megadeth material old and new.
    2) Yes, I did contact previous Megadeth band members Marty Friedman, Nick Menza, and David Ellefson about making a new record.
    3) I was unable to accommodate Friedman and Ellefson, and sadly Nick, who was the most gracious and ready to rock, will not be playing on this new record I am doing.
    4) Any talk of a reunion is wishful thinking.

There was a book deal offered to me by Sanctuary three years ago to put all of my lyrics from Megadeth into a book and to describe them. I completed that last year and submitted it to Sanctuary this year for editing and eventual release.

New Megadeth Record
    I started last year in October working on a new record and was unsure if it was going to be a Megadeth record or the first record of my career-post Megadeth.

But there was too much good music that was written during the Megadeth era that was left incomplete and unreleased that I had written and I decided to assemble that music first. It is frikkin' heavy and most people that have been around are surprised it was never released.

Regardless of being unable to come to an agreement with the RIP line-up, I am excited to say that Chris Poland is in the studio with me in Arizona, working on this new record. Vinnie Colaiuta and Jimmy Sloas played drums and bass with me on this record and I should be done somewhere around the end of March. Don't worry, they rip!

I have heard the rumors and I don't pay them any mind; I know that the people who are saying they are "insiders" or have "inside info" are talking out their asses, and that some of them have been right by way of "a guess," but that's it. If these people say they are friends of mine and are disclosing private information about me, then I can tell you they are not considered a friend by me.

Appearances
    I will be at NAMM Saturday, January 17th, with my new ESP DV8s and LTD DV8Rs and I expect I will meet some of you there.

Some kind of bull****
    I am aware of the Metallica movie; I noticed how much footage they used and to whom it benefited, too. "This is about relationships," huh? Yeah, right.

Pillar
    I did go to Knoxville, Tennessee, to write a song and play with the band Pillar. Not because of their faith, but because they are a good band. But since this is a Megadeth site and that is not related to anything Megadeth, you can look for info on my trip at the Pillar site or on DaveMustaine.com.

Life Changes
    Yes, my life has changed and what was once just saying what my religious beliefs were with my lips, I now have acknowledged in my heart. Again, this will be discussed at my personal site. My personal beliefs are not going to be pushed on anyone and if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Arm Injury
    My arm got injured when I fell asleep on it January 7th, 2002, not from the false reports that state anything to the contrary, and I was told that I would not gain full use of my arm ever again; that I would be lucky if I even got 80%.

Well, through a lot of physical therapy, and a lot of the prayer that everyone seems to be mocking me for, I am completely healed and playing better than before I got hurt, because I had to relearn to play.

In closing
    I will tell you more as it arises, or you can go to the gossip sites and get yer info from the liars and the pukes that have nothing good to say about anyone.

Gossips; even the name hisses. Kinda like the words "assholes," or "pussies," huh?

Mustaine sez,

Goodbye Droogies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Chris Poland = God.

Edited to include It sounds like the real Dave Mustaine is coming back.

For example

Some kind of bull****
    I am aware of the Metallica movie; I noticed how much footage they used and to whom it benefited, too. "This is about relationships," huh? Yeah, right.

About fargin time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

having read that, and another post on the Pillar website, I am very suprised that Mustaine has publicly announced he found god - thought that was a big no no, in the heavy "we love satan, god sucks" metal scene

Once the tunes are up to Peace Sells and Rust In Peace standard then he can worship Barney and that big gay bear in his blue house for all I care. As the man says - "My personal beliefs are not going to be pushed on anyone "

yup very true, just waiting for www.davemustaine.com to go live, then I can read more, purely out curiosity.

Reason being I remember reading Metal Hammer back before RIP was released and he gave allusions to being a Buddhist or some kind of Eastern religon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

"having read that, and another post on the Pillar website, I am very suprised that Mustaine has publicly announced he found god - thought that was a big no no, in the heavy "we love satan, god sucks" metal scene" - maybe in the dark 80s but nobody cares about anything anymore like that, judas priest day lad and other things it's all gravy now like...

Mustaine though, and Poland i like it. Screw Friedman, coming back to metal cap in hand d'mind him.

Megadeth Rule!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ph3n0m

Reason being I remember reading Metal Hammer back before RIP was released and he gave allusions to being a Buddhist or some kind of Eastern religon

Ahhhh, the heroin years ;)

In fact, I can credit Dave Mustaine's herion addiction for me taking up bass playing :p

Originally posted by Doctor J
    Ahhhh, the heroin years ;)

In fact, I can credit Dave Mustaine's herion addiction for me taking up bass playing :p

indeed, in fact that article in question had Dave posed with typical "metaliness", arms cross, but in a crisp white shirt, blue jeans and tradmark bullet belt - goddamn why do I remember this, I thought alcohol was meant to damage the brain not encourage to remember pointless crap :)

anyway if its as good as RIP, Countdown or even Peace.. then I shall be purchasing it....pity we cant remove Risk from our memories though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Ir-respectiuve of religous beliefs it will be good to have a guitarist who know hows to use scales properly back, in this age of nu-metal it seems people are only half learning how to play the guitar (the riff half).

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It's great to hear that Poland is back. I think we're in for a classic album. I'm buying it without a doubt.

Check out Chris' site for some samples of his current band OHM. The guitar playing is just amazing!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Doctor J
    Check out Chris' site for some samples of his current band OHM. The guitar playing is just amazing!
    Yeah, he used to be a jazz guitarist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

in a crisp white shirt, blue jeans and tradmark bullet belt - goddamn why do I remember this

how can anyone forget that ?:)

I still have some "lumberjack" shirts :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

:D:D:D

the man is back!

had to learn guitar again, and now he's better than he was, pure ****ing class, i would expect no less.

finding god: being a total athesist (and not a trendy satanist like anyone who would have a problem with this is,) i dont care, sure it'l make no difference to anything, Tom Araya goes to church every sunday and listen to what he sings about.

But what the **** is this Metallica movie? is it to tie in with the Metallica game too?:rolleyes: god i hate Metallica now.

Tom Araya goes to church every sunday

i hope you're joking :D that is the funniest sh1t i've heard in a long time lol!

No doubt he goes to church every Sunday to disturb the priest and pee in the wholey water.

Originally posted by Ancient1
    i hope you're joking :D that is the funniest sh1t i've heard in a long time lol!
    Yeah, he admitted it in an interview. It's only Kerry King that is really into that sort of stuff. Hanneman has an obsession with the World War's.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- i have to say that I won't be impressed until I hear the music. I think a lot of us who listened to metal and heavy rock in the 80's are fed on scraps these days, and every reunion brings with it a massive 'great white hope' excitement, which usually ends in disappointment. Black Sabbath and The Cult would be 2 such examples. Even Page and Plant's album was a big disappointment. We're all waiting for Slash and Axl, DLR and Van Halen, Coverdale and Sykes(well me anyway) to kiss and make up but in the end its probably better that it never happens. I actually thought Mustaine might have rejoined Metallica in a joint bid to escape mediocrity. Oh well, fingers crossed. production and guitar sound will be key with this album - if you listen to Peace and So Far they both have a radically different sound to later albums, and I would be v surprised to hear them go back to that, unfortunately.

Neil

Yeah, he admitted it in an interview

He was probably being sarcastic, think about it dude, Tom Araya - a churchgoer? :D

:D I know. But nah, I don't think he was being sarcastic. At least it didn't say anything to indicate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

cant wait for them album mustaine has ben very consistant wit the albums him and megadeth has released no doubt this 1 will b very good lookin forward to it good to c him back playin ne way woulda ben a shame if he couldnt play no more

• Advertisement

woulda ben a shame if he couldnt play no more

that's an understatement! :) I just couldnt believe it when i heard that his guitars were up for auction! It just seemed so implausible that it would end like that - and imagine Mustaine not having a Flyin V in his hands....something's VERY wrong with that picture :D

There's a new Megadeth audio clip available on their website!!

Killer killer killer riff - classic Mustaine! Check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Milkhousen

the riff rules! its impossible to be disappointed by megadeth man. hey check out the thread in the megadeth forum bout the name of the song and the crappy prize of like a plec. I wonder who won...

Advertisement