Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wierd Pc Problem

• 14-01-2004 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

A friebd has a dell 4550 tower and its acting real funny.

It was making a bit of noise so he gave it a little tap (so he says) and now it's broken.

Well it starts to boot , then a few seconds later the psu stops and nothing for about 5 secs, then it starts to go again and the fans whirr but a no signal message comes up on screen.

I took it apart and checked the graphics card and even replaced it but thats not it...

Any idea's??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Sounds like the PSU is giving up, try a different power supply.

Thanks joePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

i agree with joe, but you should try re-seating all the power supply cables before you swap it out,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Originally posted by joePC

Thanks joePC

i'll give it a go but i'll need a special dell psu - i hate dells... Personally i dont think it is it but i cant think of anything else. Psu's in my expierence do one of two things work and boot pc or dont work at all. Never seen an in between case that would cause this no signal message

Were u thanking yourself there or wha??

thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DaemÈn

id definatly agree....must be the psu.....sounds strange alright - is the pc under warrenty ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Ya by about a week!! luckily enough.

i'll see if dell will send out a new psu - they should do, well they did for me before and my pc was out of guarantee!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement