Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOHAA. worst ending to a game ever

Options
  • 14-01-2004 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I have just finished MOHAA. this is possible the worst ending ever to any game it just ****ing ended i was really really pissed off at this. the last level was ok. but come on even call of duty had a little video at the end.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

You cant compare Call of duty to mohaa. Your forgetting MOHAA was made around 3-4 years ago. And u dont really need an excellent ending to a WWII game because 1.) you know what happens so it would be stupid and 2.) they cant make up some **** ass story because it would ruin the historically accuaracy. SO its just easier to leave out an ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Nothing will ever compare to the rubbish father-son type video ending to Metal Gear Solid 2. I can take some subtle nods toward the theme as was done in parts of the game, even the odd bit of "lets him them over the head with the hammer" type references as was also done. But the ending was nothing but that theme and a load of other crap to. No action, no anything, no closure of any kind except two characters talkin cock for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Sorry it was just bad. End of story. Doom had a great ending and how long ago was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

RTCW has a very bad ending too..

BUt who cares about the ending anyway, MOH:AA was great fun to actually play :)

And given the 34 expansion packs, maybe one of them will have a good ending to make up for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

well when you bust your gut on the highest difficulty level to finish and experience the game properly, it's nice to get a good reward for your efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Play through Quake 1 and be thankful that the ending wasn't as bad as Quakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

well when you bust your gut on the highest difficulty level to finish and experience the game properly, it's nice to get a good reward for your efforts.

yeah a nice shiny medal

personally thought it was one of the best games ive played.... absolutely loved it and sometimes i still give it a bash online, i like the recent capture the flag mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

It's a shame that developers don't make endings like sonic 2 any more, I was panicing......then screamed with joy when i saw tales come along in the little.......I'm getting nostalgic just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Play through Quake 1 and be thankful that the ending wasn't as bad as Quakes.
    Jedi Outcast for me stands out; mainly because up until the end the game had a great plot to it that kept me gripped and excited; it had loads of fun set-pieces. Then they pushed a really lame and hurried ending, that even had the nerve to include a dumb "let's all jovially laugh at some lame joke together" moment. Nearly ruined the game ...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

ah games... ya gotta love em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    RTCW has a very bad ending too..

BUt who cares about the ending anyway, MOH:AA was great fun to actually play :)

And given the 34 expansion packs, maybe one of them will have a good ending to make up for it :)

MOH: Breakthrough had a really nice start and then an awful ending too. Really showed the limits of the ancient Q3 engine. I thought that would be the last time I would be subjected to the horrors of the low poly, absent AI Q3 engine... but then CoD came out and unfortunately proved me wrong.

Mafia had a nicely doen ending, so did Deus Ex1. Age of Mythology and the Expansion wasnt bad either.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I finished it the other day too. It was really special for me as I hadn't played it in ages I was like WOO! So i get on the train and i'm all "oooooh" holding in the "ahhhh" and then the credits start scrolling... WTF? I almost smashed the moniter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Vassili Zaitsev

My sentiments exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I cant remember where i read it, or heard it, but i remember someone saying that the japanese are used to getting very little for doing alot of hard work, that might go some way to explaining why most games endings nowadays suck. Maybe its nostalgia talking, but were endings better in the retro days??
    I think it might be the fact games were so difficult back then that finishing anything felt like a real accomplishment whether the ending was good or not..you were given 3 lives and as many continues to finish a game without saving once, and had god knows how many levels to complete in your average game...so it was quite an achievement back then. The only games lately i can think of that had good endings were ICO, FFX, ummm..cant really think of too many others :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Vassili Zaitsev

Silent hill 2 had a brilliant ending and numerous ones.very interesting well worth it if u havent played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah i loved SH2's endings, they were brilliant :D I only got the happy SH3 ending, tho..and that sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Tbh I don't want a HARD HARD game that I can feel good about, I want a great storyline on top of playability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

"Choose wisely Mr. Freeman"....pfft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

itssss time to choooose

mohaa, i agree crap ending, but tbh for me the game peaked at omaha and was nothing special after that:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Look people, Eye of the Beholder 1 had the worst ending in video game history!

When you completed the game it booted you to a dos screen due to the publishers being to damm cheep to include an extra disk for the end game sequence!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Yah the ending sucked monkey nuts. It ended, and i was left thinking "eh, that's it? hmm, good game, you think they'd have put a decent ending in". I've played the spearhead expansion pack - it's damned hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Worst ending has to be the one for Hexen. Still screen that completely went agains the story.

Advertisement