Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trivia

Options
  • 21-03-2000 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

curious fact....

you can record multiple demo's back to back...over different maps.

this is contrary to q1/q2/popular belief.

it just all plays as one big demo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I knew that.
    No wait, no I didn't.
    Whats a Quake ?

I'll just get me coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

you can do that in Q2, but u need to run it thru a little utility to make it work smile.gif

u can also split them out by level played, tis quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

You can, the quake done quick demos are done that way, they did a level at a time, instead of doing the whole thing at once, which is what they should really be doing, doing one level at a time is just darn right cheating if u ask me smile.gif

But i don't have a clue how to do it,hmm don't think i was much help, ah well smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 21-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

yes, qdq was done a level at a time, they made some program to add the levels together, plus start the level with ammo, health and what weapon they had at the end of each level.

so, its not cheating realy :>

makes it a bit easier tho, you can stop, and try again later that day or sommthink, which helps rather then doing it all at once.

i dont think the program was released tho...

Advertisement