Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Norton Ghost

• 14-01-2004 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

The plan was simple, upgrade a 6gig HD to a 120gig, was advised by many here and elsewhere to use Norton ghost for this action, which I did.

So after the Cloning process, and removing the old HD I boot up and get to the logon screen, result, try to logon and get 'paging file is too small or does not exist error' so i connect the old 6 gig job back up and make a big paging file on the new clone.
    Disconnect everything again and once again gets to the logon screen try to logon, see the 'Loading your personal settings' box > then darkness 30 seconds pass and back to the logon screen.
    I decide to leave the big HD on IDE0 and put the 6gig on IDE1, ie the opposite to the way which it was set up.
    This time logon works perfectly, all the temp internet files are going to the 120gig HD but all the links and shortcuts are still trying to open the files off the old HD which has retained its 'D:' drive letter.

I know this is a simple problem, anybody know the answer???

Advertisement