Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Broadband + Connection Sharing

• 14-01-2004 3:42pm

I am getting IOL broadband shortly and I know its asdl modem does not have an ethernet connection. I know i might be able to share the connection with microsofts internet connection sharing over a private lan but the problem is I have a few differnet OS here.

Namely
    Win XP Home
    FreeBSD
    MacOS X

Will ICS work with these other OS's?

Comments

Got the answer myself. Here it is if anyone else is interested..

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics_xp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Originally posted by ronoc
    I am getting IOL broadband shortly and I know its asdl modem does not have an ethernet connection.
    It does now. IOL have changed the modem they supply and it now comes with USB and ethernet connections. I received mine last Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by ronoc
    I am getting IOL broadband shortly and I know its asdl modem does not have an ethernet connection.
    Check again. According to this recent post IOL are now supplying the Zyxel 623R-T1 ADSL Modem/Router" which has ethernet and USB ports.

Advertisement