Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3L Finals.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Steady on there El-Pres.
    How will lifting the lpb restriction make it all fair?,...

This leaves 7 being the only team who would benifit by being able to field 4 lpbs.

Lets be factfull then instead of preconceived ideas. For the whole League Se7en has been crippled because we have to field HPBs which are not our top four players. We have live with that. Thats cool tho.

Secondly, the only reason why I brought this up is that Hurling proved that they could probably beat any team on an even playing field. At trinlan, they beat 4P, PS and narrowly lost to us.

Oh and I could equally say the same smart assed sh1te. How about -
    PS are the ones who can benifit that Hurling DONT have lpbs since they were beaten by them on a lan with equal connections, but on the net they will get destroyed with their ****e connects..

Dont get me started, this can go round in circles. I made a simple suggestion. This was a nice conversation. 'its a in-fairness tread'

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 22-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭daire

I think I can clear up all this.

H will be playing Bio + (maybe)PS this Sunday, one after another. Because of the BiO game being a NET game the PS game will also have to be a NET game because we won't be able to organise to switch from 2LPB/2HPB to 4LPB.

If we then meet Se7en in the final we can then discuss the LAN meet which I think we're all equally interested in.

In other words this dicussion can be left to a later date. This weekend will have to continue as 2LPB/2HPB.

Sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

lads there is an open invitation to any hpbs involved in the coming games to play from ul. the connect is failry stable during the w/e and it has an excellent uptime since the hurlin 4p fiasco and btw bring beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Points taken Eric and Jaden and I agree with yee.

Just for the record though.

We never played 4p, and damo is our only player in waterford...as it happens he's got quite a good modem connection too.

We can only play 4 lpb's if we're on a lan....or we all head down to UL....in which case we may as well have a lan.

Myself and daire are vagrants......get a connection wherever we can. Usually a digital connection in a Net cafe or someth' but usually a crap one.

I understand everyones point of view in this thread...except butchers....why are you posting butcher? Your not in the league, and your opinion sux.... your Marie Antoinettesque style opinion, "let them eat cake", is hardly constructive towards this discussion. To entertain the ignorance of gitt who knows it all though......in built areas, apparment blocks, or office blocks, where Eircom (in all they're wisenss...(have you applied for a job there butcher)....daisy chained the connections rendering internet play hopeless, untill all of the 300 or appartments, where i live at least shut up and hang up their phones....somewhere around 2am.

I reckon Tom has the final say...well i dont reckon...he does. What i do reckon is that at the minimum, the original rules should be observerd, unless the two clans involved in a game come to an agangement.

So where DK and BIO are concered, I am sure they will want 2hpb/2lpb to continue....for they're matches. Other clans should observe this.

It's also clear that Hurlin and Seven ...should they meet, will want a lan. Cool. Dont know where PS stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

lads in all fairness the only clan to benefit from the lpb restriction removal would be 7(having 4 lpbs) maybe other clans too if they all travel to ul:/.
    neways problem , ive just done in me arm and dont know if its broke ( john ure not allowed laugh) i dunoo if ill be able to play this weekend! ne chance of postponement if my arm is knackered?it could get better i can move my fingers :/
    neways aswell dk can also only field a possible of two lpbs and dont wana have to play against 3 or 4lpbs while we have none or 1.
    and in all fairness ye cant go chjanging the rules midway thru season.
    G

Daddy or chips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Doozer has like 7 lpb's, we won't be able to play next season if this restriction is not lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i'm stating my opinion cause we're in the league and this sort of "arrangement" will set a precedent. its exactly this sort of bull that ruined the qw leagues in ireland, the q2 ones were ruined by ign taking it over and then doing shag all with it. if q3 isn't to go the same way, season 2 needs to start a few weeks after season 1 finishes.

if H want to rely on players who don't have a net connection to play in a net league then ... like ... i dunno, thats their problem, not the leagues or the other clans that play in it. this IQ3CL is supposed to find the best irish 2 HPB/2 LPB team is it not? If you want a LAN league/tourney, fine, go have one, theres no point having this league if the rules are going to be screwed around for individual clans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

ah and junks right, remove the lpb restrictions for season 2, and possibly split the league into 2 division, so mostly hpb teams can play in div2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

sigh....fair enough lads, whatever you think.
    It's not as if se7en give a sh1t, we're gonna get to the final anyway. We just wouldnt like to see H go out of a league semi final because of sh1t connections.
    Oi Pred, you'll get worse than a sore arm if you keep that up, it'll fall off, or you'll go blind or something.

Zero.

"Is this some white kunntz joke that black kunntz don't get?? 'Coz I'm not FUKKING laughing nik-OLAS! "

Zero i mean what is ure agro prob man?
    im not demanding a p[ostponment its actually ****ed if its broke and dk cant field a 4 man team 7 can have their walkover.
    but if its not broke i cant see any reason why a weeks delay woulnt be out of the question.
    neways i reckon we maybe can field a team without me or even a 3 lpb team if 7 want:/
    g
    but if tom sez no to more than 2 lpbs for the semis and final:/

Daddy or chips?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Lets leave next seasons talk for another time lads.

The story is the Semi finals will be played on Net this comming sunday and the 2 lpb restriction will be in place as always.

We'll discuss the final on sunday evening ok.

Best of luck to all clans involved this comming weekend.

Tom (Jedi)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

I said nothing about a postponement, pred. I was slagging off your w@nkers cramp, that's all. Calm, my son.
    Nice one about the lpbs, talk to MP about it.

Zero.

"Is this some white kunntz joke that black kunntz don't get?? 'Coz I'm not FUKKING laughing nik-OLAS! "

ahh w@nkers cramp, didnt see it cos err i kinda went blind for a sec.
    damn ive sed too much

Daddy or chips?

DISCLAIMER:

It is not the intention of Clan Hurlin to mutilate the Rules of this league or anyother for our own benifit.

We got fairly far with "players who don't have a net connection to play in a net league".

WE DO NOT NEED A RULE CHANGE IN ORDER TO WIN!!....butcher...you seem to be hung up on this issue.

If we keep playing by the 2hpb/2lpb thats fine. We have good lpbs and good hpbs We are sorted conection wise for this weekend and the following if need be.

I think the whole discussion started because we pondered on how to make the Final a better event.

I or none of Hurlin have at any stage proposed any perminant rule changes...or suggested anything at all to do with Next years league.

All we are suggesting...ALL.....is that come the finals, if it suits the two teams to play on a LAN.....then to do so. We have not heard even a mention by anybody (including butchernog) to the effet that modem is better.

BUTCHER.....IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY READING THIS SIZE FONT OR THERE ARE TOO MANY COLOURS FOR YOU TO HANDLE, LET ME KNOW, I WILL MAIL YOU A VERY BIG, CLEAR, SIMPLE COPY, I CAN BORROW AN A2 PRINTER.

DISCLAIMER:

It is not the intention of Clan Hurlin to mutilate the Rules of this league or anyother for our own benifit.

We got fairly far with "players who don't have a net connection to play in a net league".

WE DO NOT NEED A RULE CHANGE IN ORDER TO WIN!!....butcher...you seem to be hung up on this issue.

If we keep playing by the 2hpb/2lpb thats fine. We have good lpbs and good hpbs We are sorted conection wise for this weekend and the following if need be.

I think the whole discussion started because we pondered on how to make the Final a better event.

I or none of Hurlin have at any stage proposed any perminant rule changes...or suggested anything at all to do with Next years league.

All we are suggesting...ALL.....is that come the finals, if it suits the two teams to play on a LAN.....then to do so. We have not heard even a mention by anybody (including butchernog) to the effet that modem is better.

BUTCHER.....IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY READING THIS SIZE FONT OR THERE ARE TOO MANY COLOURS FOR YOU TO HANDLE, LET ME KNOW, I WILL MAIL YOU A VERY BIG, CLEAR, SIMPLE COPY, I CAN BORROW AN A2 PRINTER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

you didnt see it cause you got a hair in your eye gar. Wonder where that came from smile.gif

Howd you break it?
    And yes i did laugh when i read it:P

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭daire

I think Jedi has just confirmed what I thought I'd cleared up a good few posts ago. This is the only way the final games can be played. Seeya at the LAN Se7en!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Played Tom. Grand stuff. Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

OHhhhhh meine Mutti!

was soll ich machen ?

ich habe keine Wurst zu essen

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mutti!

hilf mir!

bitte bitte

bald bald

ohhhhhhhhh neeeeeein

der Zeit ist nun, ich bin tot!

errm i chipped me radius so i wont be playing and dk can only field 2 lpbs now and err maybe it could be beerter by sunday as its not in a cast.
    but regardless we should have 4 players.
    g.

Daddy or chips?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Gl pred and DK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

radius schmadius

Advertisement