Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kazza lite

• 14-01-2004 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Is their anywhere i can download kazza lite to try it out before I buy?? I has looked at www.k-lite.tk but want to try before I buy?

AL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Get it here

Kazza Lite

Thanks joePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

what do you mean try before you buy? Its free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

maybe the music he means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Dont you have to pay for Kazza lite?? I know ordinary Kazza is free but the lite version with no adverts etc .....you have to pay for that. Think thats what he means, try the ordinary version first.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    Dont you have to pay for Kazza lite?? I know ordinary Kazza is free but the lite version with no adverts etc .....you have to pay for that. Think thats what he means, try the ordinary version first.

Sighhhhh
    :rolleyes:

ffs man, you sir have no brain
    Kazaa lite is a reversed engineered version of Kazaa Media Desktop, Sharman Networks are not happy about it AT ALL
    More info here, http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/notice.cgi?NoticeID=861

Whatever you do, do not install Kazaa Media Desktop, its full of spyware/adware and will affect the performance of your pc quiet abit

• Advertisement

Hey Cabaal no need for that, was a quickly typed post and granted i was thinkin of saving money as apposed to the crap that it installs on your PC........take a chill pill there mate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    i was thinkin of saving money as apposed to the crap that it installs on your PC........take a chill pill there mate.

Saving money on what??
    Kazaa Lite is a 100% free application, any sites looking for money are chancing there arm
    nothing more...

Last time i checked was a few months back and the places i looked were chargin for it......... looks to be different now, still no need for the comments.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

With kazza lite are your downloads less likely to be borked ??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135117
    45% of KaZaA Files Contain Malware

Not exactly news - just confirmation.

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,61852,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Isn't the fasttrack network (kazaa) gradually blocking access from Kazaa Lite clients?

I'm sure I saw it mentioned in an article on a news site,I'll try and dig it up.

I've definitely noticed a drop in performance (amount of results/amount of results that actually work, speed) etc etc in the last few months.

I think this is because as each server out there is updated with the new kazaa protocol ( which is blocking kazaa lite) you loose one more server you can connect to.

Now wheres that article.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

the kazaa lite tk sites are now controled by kazaa (the origionals) So in fact you're just getting kazaa media desktop!!! google for a kazaa lite install file, there are a couple about, if i remember correctly there was a post already about how the .tk kazaalite sites were taken over!

Originally posted by shurl
    Isn't the fasttrack network (kazaa) gradually blocking access from Kazaa Lite clients?S.

Yes this is true, they started this after they stopped Kazaa Lite from being made

shortly after they stopped kazaa lite a group of people got together and have started it up again :D
    They were blocking access by stopping all older kazaa clients getting access to the network old clients include the last build of kazaa lite before it was shutdown
    But that don't matter anymore

Yeah, heres some of it :

Kazaa Lite Shutdown

Actually, now that I search, i've discovered this,:

Kazaa Lite NOT stopped

Seems that if you use a particular version you should be ok!!

S.

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Yes this is true, they started this after they stopped Kazaa Lite from being made

shortly after they stopped kazaa lite a group of people got together and have started it up again :D
    They were blocking access by stopping all older kazaa clients getting access to the network old clients include the last build of kazaa lite before it was shutdown
    But that don't matter anymore

/Simon must remember to refresh the page before repeating everyone else :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Sighhhhh
    :rolleyes:

Kazaa lite is a revered engineered

DOH!! here is me thinking it was reversed eng, it turns out I've been wrong all along:D.

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    DOH!! here is me thinking it was reversed eng, it turns out I've been wrong all along:D.

Oh dearr god a slight spelling mistake, its much worse then thinking a person has to pay for kazaa lite :rolleyes:

Its correct now, so you can sleep tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Retarded posts aside, get giFT for linux which has access to the gnutella and Fastrack networks

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Originally posted by joePC
    Get it here

Kazza Lite

Thanks joePC

That involves a premium dialler.

Try this one: kazzalite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

take it from me

ditch kazaa, kazaa lite and kazaa lite ++

get soulseek much better and rarely a bogus file

soulseek involves chronic amounts of sharing, so you have to build up your collection before you can get good albums (or so I gather from the kazaalite forums)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Nope I don't share well only a few files I have.
    But can download what I want.
    Well some users demand you share or they won't but usually it's available from elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Heaven forbid, you`d share anything, gsss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I am quite a sharing person but I tend not to leave soulseek open.
    Bt however gets left on at night when I'm downloading and during the day when I'm at work.
    So I do share :p

I know quite well that if people don't share these networks will cease to exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Anyone tried Kazaa lite Resurrection 2.4.7?

Its what im using at the moment and is the version released after kazaa hit back at kazza lite, ment to be the best, got the kings of leon, which has been nigh on imposible to get off kazaa with out getting that poxy malware ****e!

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Fabre

If you are looking for the latest kazaa lite version prior to forced retirement

go to http://www.oldversion.com/

I have to ask, why the hell are you people still using Kazaa?
    There's much better systems out there for sharing/downloading stuff
    DC++
    Bit Torrent
    etc
    Kazaa is a heap of ****e when compared to any of them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Downloaded “Kazaa lite Resurrection 2.4.7” just to see if it worked and was surprised that I got the same results as I had done before with the lite version before it was shut down.
    So for lovers of Kazaa go get it.

In the meantime I’ll have to agree with some others in saying that it’s a crappy piece of P2P who’s time has come to just die. I like to know what I’m installing on my machine and while the Resurrection version is probably clean anything with ‘kazaa’ in the title gives me shivers J

When I have to use P2P I stick to bittorrent with is great for getting the latest TV episodes and soulseek for music though soulseek tends to share a lot of tv/movies and appz these days also.

No, you don’t need to have a lot shared on soulseek though some people will ask you to share if you’re leeching from them (which seems like a fair request doesn’t it?)
    The thing I like about it is that it has a an irc like community so that when you find someone that has the same taste of music that you have it’s much easier to find others with the same tastes viw the chat rooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Would someone who claims to be knowledgable about this please post & then could it be made a sticky?

Every couple of days there's a post on here asking about kazaa & every time there's smart asses using :rolleyes: about them because they don't know about bit torrent, etc.

A sticky would at least sort that out, with links to the current hot p2p apps - cause it changes every couple of months. I'd do it myself, but i use bit torrent exclusively, so I don't know much about the others u kids are using these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

the charging sites are a scam, kazaa lite is free, if you see a site trying to charge you for use of kazaa lite then exit immediately...

Those are just people trying to make a penny from the thick folk out there :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

i use kazaa lite, and limewire,Until recently i used gnutella.

however i tried installing bittorrent and i bluescreened my PC, as a result i had to reformat. I am using xp pro so be careful if and how you install it

Advertisement