Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone successfully switched from eircom to esat ?

• 14-01-2004 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭

Right - I've had enough of eircom. This lastest line rental increase has me so annoyed that I want to switch all of my phone and broadband services over to esat. I understand that to switch over the phone service is fairly straight forward with no interuption to service, but is it the same for switching the broadband over ? Which brings me to my second question - has anyone managed to squirm out of the "imaginary" 12 month contract that eircom say I've signed. This is the old argument that eircom claim that by installing their software I have accepted their terms and conditions, I claim I've signed nothing. Will they try to charge me a disconnection fee ?

Any advice from those that have managed to cancel/or switch to another provider from eircom would be greatly appreciated.

Regards..................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭mobby

I would say you would have to go the legal route, I had a row with them when my DSl stopped working refused to ring there premium rate number to report it got some one in customer services who told me it was all in the contract that i had to ring this 1550 number and if i was not happey it would cost €199 to cancel, it was back working next day so i left it at that, but my guess is you would need to take them to the small claims court if they insist on charging you to cancel the Broadband service, I am sorry i went with them now. shower of money grapping B****rds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

I'll be ringing the biddies in eircom tomorrow to see if I can squirm out. There's not a chance in hell they're getting another €199 to disconnect me. If I've no way out, I'll be cancelling on the 1st May when my contract is up, but I would love to tell eircom to shag off now !! Has anyone been successful in cancelling i-stream, and if so how did you go about it ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by -Wheeler-
    If I've no way out, I'll be cancelling on the 1st May when my contract is up,
    Better cancel at least a month before so you don't get caught for a 13th month.

Yeah good point, hadn't thought of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

It will be possible for €60 from the 27th of January 2004, until now it could not be done as it has taken years for Comreg to TELL €ircon to do it.

See Here , you may ring Netsource now :D

M

• Advertisement

Well that's great news. Many thanks for the link Muck, it made for interesting reading. Funny how eircom were the only objectors to the Port Transfer process.:rolleyes:

Just have to get out of my contract with the feckers now.:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Muck
    It will be possible for €60 from the 27th of January 2004, until now it could not be done as it has taken years for Comreg to TELL €ircon to do it.

See Here , you may ring Netsource now :D

M

FYI Netsource is actually working really well now, nice fast pings and no noticeable contention.

However you are right, if all the other companies start charging e40 and Netsource continue to charge e66, then I'm off.

Right now I could get the Esat/IOL bundle and get BB and free local and national calls for one euro less then what netsource charge for just BB :(

Advertisement