Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vice city slowdown - spoiler so don't read if you ain't played!

Options
  • 14-01-2004 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

currently on the bankjob mission
    game has played perfectly on my machine til now, but the slowdown when the bank gets stormed is *horrific* and completely unplayable.

this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Yeh, I got the same problem. It's got to do with the smoke because I get the same problem when I use the remote controlled helicopters close to the ground. I can't help you though, just kill all the police who drop from the ceiling and get out, it's the only place I saw the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Try reducing the graphics options for the mission, it might help you a bit, but there is so much happening on the screen during that mission that I'm not surprised you get a slowdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

can't help you on this..only just got the game. but since someone mentioned RC helicopter i might as well ask:
    how the hell am i meant to control the thing? i was able to get that fine on ps2 but the controls for the chopper are just too damn awkward and i can't get 2 of them done without destroying it, nevermind planting all 4 bombs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The RC helicopters mission is a pain in ass on the PC. I just kept practicing and practicing until eventually I got it. I think the control system was designed for octupus like creatures.

The advice given about turning off certain graphic options on the bank job mission is probably the way to go other than obviously making sure you got the latest patch and your graphics card can handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by amp
    The RC helicopters mission is a pain in ass on the PC. I just kept practicing and practicing until eventually I got it. I think the control system was designed for octupus like creatures.

I thought the RC helicopter was relatively easy on PC. Well... it took me about 3 shots.
    The RC plane, now that's a different story. It was freaking me out until I sort of cheated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement