Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's your local?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

In a Little village called Tallanstown there is a great pub called Lennons. It has a great atmosphere and the bar staff are excellient. Give it a shout sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Originally posted by noels little bu
    In a Little village called Tallanstown there is a great pub called Lennons. It has a great atmosphere and the bar staff are excellient. Give it a shout sometime.

Is that the one beside the river ? I think that I was there years ago getting a lawnmower serviced if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

whenever im in dundalk it has to be the beerkeeper... emmhhh Ich liebe erdinger!

Was in danes/amber there at the weekend.. have to say its very nice... great night out...

danes wasn't great.. pretty small.. not much character.. generic bar style with a big dog in the middle of the floor...

amber was good... they dont overcrowd the place which is good and there are a lot of 'social' areas where you can actually sit down and have a chat etc...

music was ok... a bit crap at times but overall its a good spot... the 23's thing is a good idea as well... keeps the knacks out...

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Originally posted by Tzetze
    Haven't drank in Dundalk in years. Can't comment on Mac's at all.

My locals are;
    Shevlins (please do something with the lounge already!)
    Markeys
    Callans o the bridge
    McNallys
    McEneaneys

Listed in order of preference.

Was in Callans on Saturday afternoon and they were busily working away on the lounge to have it ready to reopen that night. What is it like now or have you been in at all since ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Heard it was being done up, but not been in it since. Must check it out though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Spirit Store and Macs.
    I like the crowd in both places. Like the music and establishment .. *and the fact its 5 mins from my house* .. bout SS ....
    Like the beergarden and people in macs... plus its handy to get dragged to the ruby dub from there.

Macs for a Saturday or Friday when looking to go for a boogie after....
    Spirit store for gigs and a quiet day time/evening pint and game of chess or chat.

Originally posted by DundalkDuffman
    Is that the one beside the river ? I think that I was there years ago getting a lawnmower serviced if it is.

No it is the one on the way in to the village of tallanstown on the dundalk road. The one you are talking about is The Louth Arms. Nice pub but Lennons is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 earth

My Local has to be "Harry Grooms"or "Bridie Macs" in Drogheda

grand Spot where everyone is friendly and no-one knows ur name!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

has any one esle noticed the prices in amber are fecking mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Really? I hadn't heard. The ball and chain goes, but she never mentioned. Can you give us a few examples?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

well i bought two pints of bud
    handed the bar maid (sonyaaaaaaa!!!!!) a tenner and got 70 odd cence back
    now that i find expensive

great spot i think but it just doesnt seem to have the same atmosphere that ridlys has , or even the same 1 to 1 realtionship most regulars have with ridly staff

what i mean by that is that i have never had a problem going downstairs and drinking till 6 or 7 in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I'd probably drink in Muldoons in Ardee, but there's better craic in the country pubs where ya can drink all night. Down in Churchtown or The Danny Boy is Reaghstown. Country pubs are better than town ones for the craic, but usually they lack females.

I'd probably drink in Muldoons in Ardee, but there's better craic in the country pubs where ya can drink all night. Down in Churchtown or The Danny Boy is Reaghstown. Country pubs are better than town ones for the craic, but usually they lack females.

There are a few good looking girls in the Tallanstown area, why not come down and have a good nights drinking there. I can recommend Lennons. There is a good band there Sunday 12th september. They are called FENIN and are a great rebel band!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Are you from Tallanstown? I probably know ya if you are. I doubt the women would be in Lennons would they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stoopidkid

An Bradán Feasa, Rathcairn.. Open 8 til late..

Are you from Tallanstown? I probably know ya if you are. I doubt the women would be in Lennons would they??[/QUOTE

yes i am from tallanstown. send me a pm and tell me who youare]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stoopidkid

is it just me or does everybody seem to be from louth?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Raz, the stonehouse, omg go to n=knights or malloy's ok hard to get a seat in there but they've a better atmosphere than the stone house, it's kinda boring in there especially if ya go upstairs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 def345

I'd like to get in touch with the Amber club, (are they also danes ? :confused: ) but can't seem to get their phone number anywhere :( , (maybe it's cos it's new)

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Yeah they are also Danes.
    Can't seem to find any number for them either, I'm actually heading up town now on a message I'll have a look and see if they have anything advertised outside with a number on it.

• Advertisement

Nope, no luck. They really don't want to be contacted ;)
    None of their pubs seem to have a number listed, I'll ask around in work tomorrow, if you have no luck by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 def345

Yeah that would be great. It's very bizarre. I actually tried to look up the Dixon group, (supposed to be the backers/owners) but all I could find was a chauffeur company.

I might just have to call in myself...

Thanks fot the help

def :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"Hunters Niteclub" as it was called a few years ago, now "The Tunnel" club part of the Naper Arms hotel in Oldcastle. Havent been there for a few months now, same old crowd of people from Delvin or Castlepollard always there, got tired of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Railway Tavern near the er... Railway in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

the coast tavern, laytown - old mans pub, yes ; bit smelly - yes ; 2 pool tables and great cheap tasty pints - YES....
    ...and people remember your name even if you only go in there on new years...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

cerbeus wrote:
    Railway Tavern near the er... Railway in Drogheda

Should be a government health warning on that place. When you arrive home at 03:30 on a tuesday morning after a quite drink. :eek: Locals the Mariner in Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonysoprano

Coast Tavern - What a kip - went in there one Monday at 11:30am when the place had jsut opened - full of assholes falling around the place drunk.
    S?ithole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

The Black Bull

east meath and drogheda types should know where it is

Indeed, and I was driving past it a couple of weeks ago as it appeared it was going to burn to the ground :D
    Nice place that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

it was the shop i believe; think its up and running again- good news for the builders!

Advertisement