Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Pics

Options
  • 20-01-2001 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

How do you all think this has worked out since boards users were allowed include images in their signatures?

Personally, at this stage I just find most of them annoying and pointless to download.

A good quote had so much more character. You associated people with their quotes sometimes.

Bring back the quote only I say.
    What so ye rekon?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

damn straight.
    its just ridiculous at this stage.

Ken
    --

graphicsdude.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I like my sig. And Havok put alot of work into it. Keep pix sigs

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

I like 'em. So long as they're reasonably small and not used too much in one thread, tis fine by me smile.gif

vince1.gif
    I LiKe JaM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Good stuff, but give people a max size or someidea how small they got to keep it. I think mine loads fast nuff. As do most of them, so i thinks they are okie.

gideon2000.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yup, I think they make the boards look a bit cheezy. If there was a way to force them all to be the same size etc it might look tidy, other than that they suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

we all know who the real culprit is for long download times *cough*Castor Troy*cough*

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yeah some peoples have really good sigs
    good bit of work put into it and graphics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I'd prefer not to have them, but it doesn't bother me all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I don't mind em, they can brighten up threads a bit if your bored wink.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by D-Generate:
    we all know who the real culprit is for long download times *cough*Castor Troy*cough*</font>

aw diddums is your modem choking on a 15k gif?? ask my b0llox rolleyes.gif

sig.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I dont like them to be honest, especially if there Large like Gideons, and Castor's. If this is a vote thing, get rid of them. Or at least but some size management on them.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It's not the file size I'd say is the most annoying, it's the on-screen size that probably bugs a lot of people about them (e.g. some crap someone probably thinks is funny taking up a good 3 revs of the mouse wheel)

I don't care either way myself (21" monitor and 512k connect), I'm just posting as a by-product of boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

no way DOGBERT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tink a quote is better than a pic anyway

I Live (in a dream world)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Pic sig's are kewl
    they do say alot about the person i recon

poor Castor getting an woeful going over !! tongue.gif

ph33r catb3rt

catbert.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

dammit, Catbert is the KING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

He who trains his tongue to quote the learned sages will be known, far and wide, as a smart-ass.

I like ones of Zapper and StrataGIST size but any bigger and they just look gaudy. Also having your user name as your signature pic seams pointless to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doc:
    Also having your user name as your signature pic seams pointless to me. </font>

how true biggrin.gif

bard2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I like 'em in general; Zapper and Castor Troy have the best, because they're amusing and have a fair bit of personality. I really don't get the people who just put their names in the sigs though... What's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I like 'em tbh.
    Add's some charactor to the boards
    afiak if they where all the same size with the same colour 1 pixel boarder, they'd sit alot better on the page.

Clan Acid
    Clan Bio
    HavokLogo2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Since most seem to consider them a nuisance, we will turn them off for a while...

John.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Testing 1... 2... 3...

Actually I don't know does it actually disable images in signatures or stop you from adding images using the profile edit.

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 22-01-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Ban Sig pics.
    Ban Castor Troy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

awww... and there was me about to create a really nice one too wink.gif

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

BAN CASTOR TROY BAN CASTOR TROY

This is no longer about signatures my friends. Castor is an evil in our society which must be rooted out and burned at the stake. (After doing the duck test in a lake of course)
    I fear comrades, CASATOR IS ACTUALLY A WITCH..
    BURN HIMMMM BURN HIMMMM

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Thank god for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by logic1:
    BAN CASTOR TROY BAN CASTOR TROY

This is no longer about signatures my friends. Castor is an evil in our society which must be rooted out and burned at the stake. (After doing the duck test in a lake of course)
    I fear comrades, CASATOR IS ACTUALLY A WITCH..
    BURN HIMMMM BURN HIMMMM

.logic.
    </font>

anti-lonely.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Well, some pics are ok, like Munch's for example, but a lot are pointless. Im know some lads went to a lot of trouble to make a nice graphic of their name, but to be honest its completely pointless. Most people arent exactly going to say "Wow! what an inspirational computer rendered graphic!".
    By the same token they wont say 'wow' to a quote either, but it might been seen as being interesting.

I dunno who suggested this (bubbles?) but having a set size for sig pics as in load it into a set size, would be a big improvement.

And seriously tho, ppl with their names as sigs, all Ive heard you say is they look nice. Who cares if your name looks nice? (no offence). There is no real humour, or anything meaningful in seeing it, and merely annoys us modemers to download it over and over.

Maybe there is some way to hack ubb code so I could set NoSignatureImages in my preferences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

I agree with the sentiment of Plaadins post.

Most of the sig pics are pointless and annoying. I can see your name on the side I have no wish to see it in colour.

but when the pics incorporate a quote or are personalised in some other way then they can be bareable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, my old signature pic was a gibbed head from TFC, but that broke when Gibworld shut down... So now I've got Dogbert (the image is less than 1 f00king kilobyte).

- Munch
    dogbert.gif

Advertisement