Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Media Solutions?

Options
  • 14-01-2004 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone ever heard of the above? My dad has his own business and was approached to take an ad out with them for a local dress-hire shop. The ad was for a 1/4 page within the dress-hire's brochure that they were having designed by CMS. An initial deposit was paid by my dad (and I assume also by the dress hire company) for this, with annual payments being made theirafter.

Well, this all happened in about October last year and nothing has been heard from them since. Although my dad has "official" headed receipt paper from them, which includes a telephone number and an address, there has been no correspondence from them. Today, I called the International Directory Enquiries and they too could find no trace of this UK based company. They checked several of their systems, but to no avail!

Anyway, I just wanted to pre-warn anyone who is approached by this company to stay well clear!!!

Has anyone else heard of them or being tricked by them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

They exist, but don't seem to have filed any accounts at the Companies Registration Office..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

There are a couple of scams along these lines that were quite popular a couple of years ago but haven't heard anything from them in the last year or so.

Usually they ring you up looking ror you to advertise in a pamphlet being produced for distribution usually to local schools, doctors etc on the subject of drugs awareness, anti-bullying etc etc...something with which you can be emotionally blackmailed.

They ask for your contribution in return for an ad for the company, they take the money (and will often even ask for advertising copy etc) but the pamphlets are never made.

If you refuse they try lines like "What? Do you mean you're not interested in helping the poor children within your own community???" Hang up. Hang up, HANG UP!!

The other angle is they ring up and say something like "Hello Mr Smith, the promotional calandars you ordered last month are ready. Can you tell us where we should send them and when we will receive payment". You deny any knowledge and they insist they spoke to you and you agreed to the order and what will they do with all these calanders etc....

Of course, there are no calendars, you never ordered them. HANG UP!!!

Yours might not be a scam but be suspiscious about these things. Get them to send you samples, that's only reasonable and ask for references from other companies. I'd do that for anyone who was legitimately offering me advertising anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Yeah, but still think that they are bogus! I tried calling Directory enquiries and they have no telephone number for this company.

It just so happens though that my dad will be in the Naas vicinity later today and is going to call into the address to enquire.

Advertisement