Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's cheap place to buy Windows XP Home Ed?

Options
  • 14-01-2004 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

I need to buy a copy of Windows XP Home edition (full version).

I have looked on a few of the obvious sites like Amazon.

The best so far was Komplett at €267 euro.

Seems expensive to me.

Anyone know somewhere cheaper?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It seems expensive because that's what M$ price it at.

You could get an old OEM copy of windows off an old PC and upgrade it - unlike OEM the upgrade can be moved (not copied) to a different PC. If you are a student then you can get it at academic price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Unless you want to upgrade an existing OS, have XP coexist with another (MS) OS, or want the box and manual - just buy the OEM version for about 120ish.

I've never had a problem buying OEM versions, although I will admit that these have been for PCs that I've built from scratch, so AFAI(care) they were OEM installs.

D.

Advertisement