Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modem recieved but?

• 14-01-2004 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ok got my eircom modem today but, the letter said i have to wait a few days for the username and password. does anyone know if there is anyone i can ring up to get this this evening it will annoy the hell out of me just sitting there.

cheers

data

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Give tech support a call have your eircom account number ready (on bill) they should be able to help.

When I signed up with IOLBB I gave this information over the phone before the modem arrived- were you asked ?

Tinky

edit: Do you have a link light on the router/modem supplied. Also if possible use the ethernet connection - much simpler to set up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

eh the modem will be an ethernet one and the ethernet link light is on when i plug it in and turn on the power?

is the expensive tech support number the only way to go about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The number is a freefone one try here

Eircom support numbers

tinky

edit oops sorry the support for new customers is a 1550 number ! sorry!

ok thanks for the info

i rang tech support who said the line was enabled and that i hadn't even been issued a username or passworld. he said ring sales and say that you spoke to tech support.

rang sales who said that the number wasn't set up yet and that they'd ring back before 9 (presumably with a username and password for me)

ah well heres hoping

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Giving Eircom more money, shame on you, that's another load of OfflerCrocGod's kittens dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Data you have no heart:(; How COULD you :sob::(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

He tryed to get esat but couldnt so what else could he do :cool:

aye for complicated reasons i couldn't get esat i found out after i tried to order it. plus the offer of the ipod swayed me to eircom and the fact that the extra fiver is being paid for me only difference is the download thing for me and now i have an ethernet modem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    ok thanks for the info

i rang tech support who said the line was enabled and that i hadn't even been issued a username or passworld. he said ring sales and say that you spoke to tech support.

rang sales who said that the number wasn't set up yet and that they'd ring back before 9 (presumably with a username and password for me)

ah well heres hoping

data

Exactly the same thing happened to me and having waited for a week for a username and password I rang again and they set it up while I waited. Told me to wait a half hour and logon and it worked fine.

If you still dont have it try for username 'aaaaabdsl' where aaaaa is your first name (presuming youre the account holder) b is the first letter of your surname.

For your password try xxyyyy where xx is the street number of your house and yyyy are the first four letters of the street name.

They prob setup the account but forgot/didn't bother to call you back this evening. This seems to be the generic format and I hope it gets you online tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Zer0^

im waiting for my modem for the last 7weeks NO BULL**** ><!<!! im going mad , for the last few weeks its like "it will be they next week" and the following week "it will deffo be thee next week" so on so on

its pissing me off jesus they said it will be in my house for mon fingers crossed !!:mad: :mad: :mad: :dunno: :dunno:

• Advertisement

thanks for the info bluehair

i have the phone line connected to the filter and plugged into my ethernet modem which is connected to my lan port. i then did the cd thing.

however to connect to the net to enter a user name and password i had to put in my dial up

i tried the format you suggested but with no success i'm afraid. am i set up right connection wise?

or is the password case sensitive or something?

cheers

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    thanks for the info ando

i have the phone line connected to the filter and plugged into my ethernet modem which is connected to my lan port. i then did the cd thing.

however to connect to the net to enter a user name and password i had to put in my dial up

i tried the format you suggested but with no success i'm afraid. am i set up right connection wise?

or is the password case sensitive or something?

cheers

data

Ando? Whos Ando? ;)

As long as you have power. dsl sync and ethernet lights going you should be setup fine.

Don't dial-up. Just open a browser window and go to 192.168.1.254 which will config your netopia cayman and allow you to logon to your dsl account and access further websites.

Hope it works for ya but if not I don't think that user/pass format is set in stone so it could be slightly different. If no joy bug them early in the morning on 1890 260 260 and don't let them off the line until they give you the user/pass combo and it will take another half hour or so.

i think someone else has that avatar and got it confused sorry :)

i'll give it a try without dial up and try and get the ethernet modem to do it when i get home this evening. i'll also bug them and give them a bit of grief because they didnt ring back.

i have power, ethernet light and dsl sync i think so all should be good from a hardware point of view.

cheers again

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Hope it works out for you tonight data broadband speeds!:D

right rang em back again, they tried to say it would be monday and he mentioned esat (home phones on esat i think). anywho i told him that tech support said the line was enabled and that the only issue was the username and password asked him to sort it out and ring me back at home before 9. i'll ring at 8.45 if he hasn't rang back. they'll probably do the same as last night

anywho better free up the phone line

data

woot woot the guy rang back with the info, he said my line was jumped yet but its working happy days

thanks folks

data

right now anyone know how to check your usage meter on eircom?

cheers

data

Have my netopia Cayman router thing. Everything set up perfectly. But No DSL light! What do i do? All filters arte plugged n around the house. Do i have to ring A number to get the line activated.

no dsl light means that the line is not activated i think. go ring the tech support and tell them to get the finger out.

or just plug in only the line into the computer directly no phones in at all and see if that works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

oldposts.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement