Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband price war hots up!

• 14-01-2004 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Eircom announce new low cost product at 39.99 from March 2004 !
    Monday 12th January 2004. eircom today announced that it plans to reduce the wholesale price of broadband by 15% from EUR 27 to EUR 23, which will allow the company to introduce a new low cost broadband product at EUR 39.99 including VAT, on 1st March 2004 (subject to regulatory approval). At EUR 39.99, down from 54.45 (incl VAT) this would make broadband in Ireland equivalent with the UK and the 5th cheapest in Europe for a comparable product.

eircom will submit proposals to ComReg today for the introduction of new wholesale broadband products and associated wholesale prices, which will underpin the new retail prices.

Speaking about eircom's plans for broadband, David McRedmond, eircom Commercial Director said; "This is abouteircom continuing to lead the drive for broadband take up in Ireland. The demand for broadband trebled when we reduced prices last year and demand trebled again when we introduced our promotion in October of last year.

We set a target of 100,000 broadband users by the end of 2004 and with approximately 34,000 broadband customers in Ireland today, we are well on the way to achieving this. With the introduction of this new broadband price, coupled with our plan to roll-out broadband to every town in Ireland* by March 2005, the country is set to reach the average EU penetration for broadband which is at 6-7% (ECTA, December 2003), by the end of this year", concluded McRedmond.

All we need now is the removal of the CAP !

Tinky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

zzzzz old news, hike in line rental yada yada.
    that it plans
    quick read among these very boards will yield all sorts of info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

zzzzz old news, hike in line rental yada yada.

OK sorry I didn't see any other thread mentioning it - I didn't look hard enough I guess.

But it does mean that things are looking better - IOLBB and UTV will offer cheaper products.

Tinky

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by tinky
    OK sorry I didn't see any other thread mentioning it - I didn't look hard enough I guess.

The IrelandOffLine board is your best bet for any news relating to cut prices, especially to Eircom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

This has loads of info relating to what eircom has been doing

Advertisement