Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert art

• 14-01-2004 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

is anyone here doin art for da leaving? im sorted for da craftwork part of it but our teacher hasnt done anything for da history part of it at all!!!! im fecked and i need it for points. anyone know of a good link cus i cant find a thing...
    HELP!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

i hate art history, its so hard. But no sorry i dont have any links for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Did it last year and the only real way to learn is to go to a museum and take lots of notes in terms of the Early Bronze Age stuff etc.. - Look at teh metal techniques and youll be able to describe then both the metal works and the stone crosses which try to copy teh techniques

The Stone Age with NewGrange can easily be found on the internet : i.e. Irish Stone Age

For the Ren. period pick about 4 famour artists and learn just about them, their life and being able to do quick drawings of their works - pick 3 -4 works for each artist
    All About Artists

In terms of the last question go to the museum and look at it - go to two and compare them. There is generally a question about teh museums and you can write about the placments of the pictures, designed or converted museums etc.. Then also look at several objects and be able to describe the design and how they work - choose pens cause huge ammount of variety.

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

You'll be grand don't panic...

there are revision books available .. rapid revision I think they are called ... well used to be ...don't know anymore ... the art one is really good ... pick bout 3 artists from different periods and study them well ... learn to do mini sketches of their work ... and review a film now ... watch a film a few times pausing taking notes on lighting during different scenes and things like that ... you can just re-write this review for you art appriciation question

Advertisement