Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 3 - on PC KILLS fifa and PS2 on all platforms

Options
  • 14-01-2004 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Oh its so true...

from a person who has both fifa 04 and pro evo 3. Pro evo 3 wins hands down on PC. Its amazingly better. Wolfs patch even adds to that.(www.pesinsight.com, in pc editing forums for details). Oh dear God...if Pro Evo 3 ever gets licenses for proper leagues and kits...there will be no such thing as Fifa ever again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Have to agree with you, have it a week and non stop playing, the patch is great, anyone wanting this gem can have it new and unopened - here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Do you have the wolfs patch too Baz?

I have wolf+andyl`s patch. I have a wee shutle pc with 2 front USB ports and TV out, best gaming box out there :D

Its more realistic than the ps2 version(which i have + xport optionfile), harder i suppose and not as arcadey

Easily the best soccer game i`ve played, that said im a lifelong fan of the series starting with ISS on the snes back in 95/96

Would love a compo of pes3 somewhere in ireland, possibly at a lan or some such

Ye thats the one.

Im having trouble with the patch at the moment.

I have a cd rip of the game on my pc. I own the legitimate disc, its just in my mates house at the mo. I cant get the patch to work with the rip. keeps saying insert correct cd.

Did you have any trouble with the patch?

I patched up to the latest konami one(1.31) i think. I also used a rip as i didnt want the game scratched.

Seeing as you own the game, you could use a no cd crack.

• Advertisement

Ye your right. I tried and it still says something weird.

I think im doing something wrong at the beginning.

You know in wolfs patch, it tells you to delete your option file and use the one he has provided? Which one? the man utd one or the other one it has? also it has a pes3.exe icon in it too...what do i do with that? I think that could be why its not working...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

been playing iss since iss dexluxe on snes and played most of them since it's the best football game out there of all time. i'd rather play ISS dexluxe than fifa2004 cos the gameplay can't be beaten.

most games on pc's rock more than they do on consoles for the exception of halo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Agreed,I thought fifa04 was going to be epic this year...oh how very wrong I was. Been playing it on a mates ps2 in multiplayer,and its the most fun a soccer sim has ever offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

This was talked about in different threads. I'm also helping Wolf on his next patch. If anyone needs help patching let me know and I'll help you out. Also to note FX cards wont work with PES3, well properly that is.

hmm when is wolfs patch being released next?

Tell him to make it less complicated will ya or at least have decent instructions. It took me hours to get it all working mainly because i have the newest konami patch and he has a version 1.0 pes3.exe file included :rolleyes:

Amazing stuff though. Less of the negative and more positive - An absolutely kick ass patch. WOW. :cool:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ronaldo7

You know in wolfs patch, it tells you to delete your option file and use the one he has provided? Which one? the man utd one or the other one it has?

The Man Utd option file allows you to start a master league with the full up to date manu u squad, the other one doesnt, both contain upto date rosters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by kensutz
    This was talked about in different threads. I'm also helping Wolf on his next patch. If anyone needs help patching let me know and I'll help you out. Also to note FX cards wont work with PES3, well properly that is.

ok first and foremost, getting this game to run on your pc can be a right fùcker, infact it took me an upgrade to a fx5900u (from a fx5200 256meg) just to get it running good.

as for the FX series cards not working? what are you talking about, i have the FX5900u and im running at 1280x1024 and it runs like a dream with no slowdowns what so ever.

So many people have had problems getting this game to run on there pc though because the porting of the code was a shambles, read the PES forums over at http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=102 just to get an idea of how many people have had problems, its why the game isnt selling right for the pc (plus you need a dvd rom just to play it aswell which isnt helping it..)

once its running perfect i would say the pc version is superb, but with half the people who bought it not able to get it running decently (even people with top of the line machines who have spent thousands.. not just low end machines) its making it tough...

Fantastic game though, as for the person who said fifa would be "the" football game of this year, fifa went out of style back for the megadrive when ISS was introduced, ive never looked at a fifa game since...

yeah i think the casual pc gamer is having problems with running pes3, but there are a number of working solutions

1) patch to latest
    2) updgrade gfx drivers(prefearbly best ones for ur card(not latest) - www.omegacorner.com
    3) disable AV when playing
    4) run in win 98 compatability mode
    5) latest directx etc.
    6) Turn off FSAA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by bazH
    yeah i think the casual pc gamer is having problems with running pes3, but there are a number of working solutions

1) patch to latest
    2) updgrade gfx drivers(prefearbly best ones for ur card(not latest) - www.omegacorner.com
    3) disable AV when playing
    4) run in win 98 compatability mode
    5) latest directx etc.
    6) Turn off FSAA etc.

most people have done those things though and it still stutters/runs like junk, the patches have even made some peoples worse, im not fussed now as ive got it working great but when i had my FX5200 i had severe problems with it and it was amazing to see just how many problems people had trying to get this game to run from the PES forums.

Even the most hardcore of pc gamers have had this problem so dont know what you mean by just the casual pc gamer

Im convinced i know why its running slow...it was on mine and i thought it was my gfx card (radeon 9000 pro 128mb). I knew it wasnt though so i stopped making excuses that it was. So i went to my motherboards website and manually downloaded all the drivers i required ie: sis ide drivers, sis agp drivers and realtek sound ac 97 drivers. When i installed all these, i ran dxdiag and the driver versions had not loaded into my system properly. So i went to control panel, system, hardware tab, device manager, and went to the necessary place and manually installed them. Apparently SIS are **** for drivers so thats why i had to manually do it to load them into the system. And it worked...like a dream. Not a single stutter on 1024*768 32bit resolution with full settings.. what a dream this game is to run...:cool:

PS: Cheers bazh for telling me about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I suppose when you take out the poor graphics,the fake players and team names,the sh*t commentary and the difficult playability,Pro Evolution is not a bad game! A footie game should be easy and you shouldn't have to put hours and hours in to it like you have to do with platform games.That's what I like about FIFA you can stick it on and you can play fairly comfortably,you can't do that with Pro Evolution!

Originally posted by PWEI
    I suppose when you take out the poor graphics,the fake players and team names,the sh*t commentary and the difficult playability,Pro Evolution is not a bad game! A footie game should be easy and you shouldn't have to put hours and hours in to it like you have to do with platform games.That's what I like about FIFA you can stick it on and you can play fairly comfortably,you can't do that with Pro Evolution!

Fifa is ****. Through and through. I own(well owned) it. Its ****. Once Pro Evo 3 is patched, its untouchable. Graphics whip fifas ass. And fifa commentary is actually just as ****.

Pes is simple to play, difficult to master, and extremely rewarding to win. Playing fifa with my bro is awful as we`re both quite high skilled and the flaws in the game(such as ease of scoring, tackling etc.) make that match really bad. If i beat him its because of the randomness and simplicity of Fifa and not down to skill. Whereas in PES, if i rack up a 5-0 win i know its because i totally dominated the game - same as real life soccer. So there you go, im not trying to convert you to PES. But generally Fifa is for boys, Pes is for men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Pes gives FIFFA a right kickin. Fiffa u can just pick it up an your instantly a world beater. PES takes so much to master its so rewarding when u crack 1 in from 30 yards. Shame though that KONAMI couldn't be bothered to make a proper PC version not make a crappy PS2 emulator an port it on to it. No matter what i have tried it still runs like crap on my machine but its still better than FIFFA

i was getting the stutter effect but this was sorted in the latest patch, try updating your mobo/gfx drivers

• Advertisement
Advertisement