Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buyandsell.net: a free prison?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Anyone tried unison?, i'm dialin kildare and it gives much better pings to bw than eircom, pl isn't great ,but overall though its better. Not very good for surfin either smile.gif

So this is what i do now, use eircom for surfin and downloadin, and use unison for quake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Aren't unison the blokes that do web-tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Yep but they have a regular isp aswell

Ok I gave Unison a try, and they're not too bad, a bit laggy on some UK servers, but not bad.

Click here.

Or here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bleh

unable to do much? Ports blocked?

Well u havent got your cli enabled - simple as that.

What a bold boy u are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

with buyandsell - just create a dun thingie..

dont bother with all the proxy ****e...

nd its fine, although not sure how great it is, I was getting 200-300 pings last night on a wireplay server all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Wireplay servers dont seem to behaving much lately..

I tried both Unison and Buy+Sell.Net and I found both to be relatively okay, stable enough connections, decent pings...

But for me Oceanfree and Indigo are much more stable and easier to connect to...

Kegs.

Well u havent got your cli enabled - simple as that.
    WTF?

Click here.

Or here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bleh

CLI - Caller line identification ( i think )

Alright mr.Smartguy, how do I enable that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think you add some * code before the number you want to dial - check your phonebook. It is enabled by default with Eircom, but if your number is unlisted or you have requested no-CLI, it is disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Still, CLI shouldn't make a difference, if it did, Buy And Sell Net just wouldn't connect at all.
    The pings arent that great either, people seem to be flocking from eircom to it :P.

<< Arf Arf >>

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

slightly off there Mirv lad..
    im just wondering why the **** i never thought o this one myself.. cuz with the esat account.. you HAVE to have CLI turned on.. if you dont have it on.. you can still use the nolimits thingy.. but its charged at the local rates and not free.. ive yet to try this on buy and sell but after the beers tonight ill give it a whirl..

to turn on CLI.. simply add "142" to the number your dialin'.. ie like esat nolimits number is 133***** it should be 142133*****
    to turn on CLI on a private numbered phone..
    hope that helps..

3=O]

|Chiefy|....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

It aint Esat anymore chiefy it's IOL smile.gif

Kegs.

Once you've turned on CLI, how do you turn it back off?

Advertisement