Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uefa's top players over 5decades

• 14-01-2004 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

link here:

I ask how did Gazza get above Boban, Stoichov, Bergkamp? For fek's sake. what next ? stan collymore in the top50 or George Best number 1?

what's the views of this forum?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

someones on the GG's for defo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

gazza must of done alot of posting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Gazza was an amazing player! Injury ruined him. His fate was cruel, he should have signed for United all those years ago when fergie wanted him. United only come calling once! (Except in the case of the Van Nistelrooys etc... :D )

Jean-Pierre, Papin, Riva and Boban yeah these weren't as good as gazza:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I never doubted the qualities of any of the players above or where they belong in the order of merit... They all had prolonged careers, not dogged by injuries to the extent gazza had. Gazza was a very special talent. for those with short memories leading back to the premiership years... try go a little further back in time. newcatle and spurs were the days when gascoigne ruled supreme. rangers, lazio, middlesborough, everton... he wasn't the same player then. think euro 96... brilliant goal against scotland, even though he wasn't half the player he used to be at that point! the guy was a pure natural footballing talent. when he had pace and had the athleticism to waltz past players he was a joy to behold. A complete nut case as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I agree that Gazza was a good player but the majority of voters would have been English and nearly every one of them would have voted for Gazza just like most of the Irish voted for Giles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

If Roy Keane is not in the top 80 the whole thing is just a joke

liam brady aswell he was a class player!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

What about Terry Phealen :)

• Advertisement

i think terry just missed out:) by about 2 million posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Crying shame, a complete injustice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

. United only come calling once!

cept in the case of alan shearer....twice called...twice ignored......BOO YA!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

you may as well ask where did Alan Kernaghan come in:-P
    But Gazza was a very special talent tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Eddie "Munster" McGoldrick.... surely he figures in the top 10

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

top 10 greatest managers of all time maybe, hes managing some local side in london, i think they are about 10 divisions off the premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

You gotta love terry phelan for the simple fact he nearly strangled Ray Houghton after he scored vs Italy in USA 94 :)

Originally posted by James R
    You gotta love terry phelan for the simple fact he nearly strangled Ray Houghton after he scored vs Italy in USA 94 :)
    yeah thats the only thing he did for the whole game though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mr Grumpy

Interesting to see a bit about Oleh Blokhin. I remember when I was a lad and used to get Shoot! magazine they used to have all games played the previous week listed and they gave each player a mark out of ten. Blokhin was the only player I ever saw that got a 10.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by SheroN
    cept in the case of alan shearer....twice called...twice ignored......BOO YA!
    Then he won fuck all. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

:D:D:D

nah he won the leauge at blackburn :).....

the leauge?.... never heard of it! ;)

bless me father for i have sinned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement