Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Lan problem

Options
  • 15-01-2004 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have an issue with one PC that has a DLink Airplus DWL 520+ PCI card. The PC connects intermittely to the network, and when it does, its fine. On startup, it either connects or it does not, and it stays like that till you restart the pc.

On restart, it again, only sometimes connnects to the network. I have a second PC in the very next room that connects to the same access point all the time (has the same wireless NIC iswell). I've even tried bringing the troublesome PC to be located right beside the access point, but yet again, only sometimes connects.

I think it may be a faulty wireless card, but I dont have any vast experiance with wireless so I taught I'd post up here, see if any of you have ideas what else could be the problem

BTW, the access point is a Dlink DWL 900-AP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Try swopping round the variuos channels. Could be some interferance rom something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

could be a conflict with some other piece of hardware you have. have you tried the card in a different PCI slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Make sure you have updated to the latest firmware release for the AP, and get the latest divers for your wireless clients.
    Not sure if this helps but I had the same issue with my wireless network recently I turned of all broadcasting + DHCP on the AP for security reasons and set the clients to static IP's, all of my devices seemed to work fine except for one which kept droping from the network. It wouldnt properly work and so I reverted back to broadcasting the signal and turned back on DHCP and used alternate security methods.
    It works fine now. :D

Hope this helps.

Advertisement