Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg gives eircom 14 day broadband deadline

Options
  • 15-01-2004 1:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

And I only put my letter to John in the post this morning! :)

Course he has to actually hold them to it...

adam
    Comreg gives eircom 14 day broadband deadline
    15/01/2004 - 10:40:55 am

Eircom has been given two weeks to facilitate customers who want to change their broadband provider y the telecoms watchdog Comreg.

The move should allow businesses or individuals to change their provider without a break in the broadband service. It should also reduce the associated costs to competing providers who in turn can pass the savings onto their customers.

Comreg hopes this directive will stimulate more competition in the broadband market and have given eircom until January 27 to comply.

John Doherty, Comreg chairperson said : "Given the importance of broadband and the need to ensure more competition in its provision, Comreg has intervened and required that this service be in place within the next 14 days."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm not well up on this but does it mean that you cant be charged for cancellation of and change of service before the 12month period

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I doubt it. I'd imagine it's primarily to stop things like this happening.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ah i see thanking you

Of course this is a no-brainer that should have been part of the original bitstream spec. But we wouldn't expect better of Etain.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Comreg have intervened

give me a break, wonder has this got anything to do with the roasting Doherty got yesterday, probably scurried back to comreg and said to them, god we got to be seen to be doing something

Oh i know well dress this up and release it and sure joe public wouldnt know that it should have been done in the first place.

Whats to stop Eircom from protesting this as well, sure the Comreg yes men couldnt possible stand up to the might of eircon

Yes Mr Mcredmond anything you want sir, can i kiss your arse sir

:mad: :mad:

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

If you read it, it went out for consultation before Christmas and there were three respondents-

Just realised that I'm supposed to be on ComReg's press list and I haven't had a message from them in months. Anyone else on it and getting messages?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Thank god...when I went from Eircom to netsource, I was without service for 7 weeks as Eircom would not release my line....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Just realised that I'm supposed to be on ComReg's press list and I haven't had a message from them in months. Anyone else on it and getting messages?

adam

Im subscribed to their 'updates notification' system and it seems to be working fine, had a number of mails over the past week.

I got a note earlier telling me that the mailing list changed when the website changed, and that I've been added to the new list. Perfick.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

Originally posted by dahamsta
    And I only put my letter to John in the post this morning! :)

Course he has to actually hold them to it...

adam

thats all very well, and great news for some, but what if you simply CANT GET THE F_N THING in your area - at any cost?????

jeez!

g

Well, there's nothing you can do, bar complaining to Eircom, ComReg, Esat, UTV, your local newspapers, local radio, television, standing outside ComReg with a placard. Oh look, there's lots of things you can do!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Forgive my ignorance, but shouldn't Eircom allow "dsl migration" to avoid any downtime from a switch; or have I not been reading and this has already been implemented.

Advertisement