Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia battery problem

• 15-01-2004 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭

Got a new 8250 from ebay (cross between 8210 and 8310) a few weeks back and im ahving problems with it.

It has trouble charging and will cut off mid call with a low battery warning when u have 3 or 4 bars, then when i switch it back on its down to one bar complaining low battery :(

im trying for a refund but i dunno if ill get one, would the nokia centre look at it (as far as i know twas released in asia only) ???

Whats the code to find out when ur phone was manufactured?

can anyone help, oha nd its not the battery i got a new one, same deal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

My 7650 acts like that sometimes, It really pisses me off, otherwise I think the phone is _still_ pretty cool.

Sometimes even when its charging it will give me a low battery warning and shut off!

The battery indicator can go suddenly from three bars down to one and then give the low battery warning and then power off, when I restart the phone the battery bars returns to the previous two or three bars but when I attempt to make a call or recieve one then it shuts off.

I'm wondering is this definitely a battery issue or is it possibly an issue with my phone that I could fix by sending it off for repair/firmware update?

AFAIK the N7650 has the same battery as the N8210, BLB-2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

The last 2 phones I've had, a Nokia 3310 and a Sharp GX-10 have both developed battery problems after around about a year similar to what your describing.

I'd be in the middle of a call, and the phone would die, or I'd flip the lid open, and the phone would die. Sometimes it was just the moniter that died and a few seconds later it was back, but more often the whole thing just shut off. Seems to be a problem with batteries tbh. My fathers Nokia phone has also started with the same problem in the last month.

The Nokia I replaced. The Sharp I handed to Vodaphone who fixed the problem for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

Presuming it's a newer model, the battery can be damaged by letting it run too low. Damaged in that it won't hold its charge for anywhere near as long as it should. And the damage is permanent. The LI-ION batteries can, and should be left to charge when not in use.

This is the inverse of older NI-MH batteries, which should be charged only when nearly empty.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Do you have to turn it off when your charging it in that case? Or can you leave it turned on and charging so that at least you'll still be somewhat in constant contact with the outside world :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    Do you have to turn it off when your charging it in that case? Or can you leave it turned on and charging so that at least you'll still be somewhat in constant contact with the outside world :)
    It doesn't really matter. Just let it charge for a few mins before you turn it on if you're charging from flat.
    One vital thing to do when you first get a new phone is let it charge completely before you unplug it. Read the manual, if only the first few pages 'cos batteries may differ as to how they should be maintained.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement