Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSX 2 laser replacement

Options
  • 15-01-2004 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the sony part number for a replacement laser for a version 4 PSX 2.

I searched the net and found plenty for sale but without the part number:

The PSX 2 has the following characteristics:

Model #: SCPH 30003

Case type: Electrical warning on base, and 8 screws holding it together.

The electrical warning and number of screws are significant when identifying the version number.

I'm ordering the part from Donberg in Donegal but they only deal with sony part numbers !

Thanks in advance

tinky

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I manage to find the laser's for sale but they don't offer the part number. From site's here and here I figure it's KHM-400 C (Your PS2 must not have an R at the end of model number, eg 30003R)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

www.divineo.co.uk has some ps2 spare parts, they might have it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Thanks for the help guys, I've ordered the part from Donberg in Donegal. It's a KHM-400C ok.

Cheers

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

I recently did this myself with the very same model (actually its more V1-V3). That particular laser will work a treat. Now it's not the same model # as the one in that PS2 (KHM-400b) and its casing is also different but don't let it worry ya, the 400c pretty much covers all PS2 models( with the exception of R-types).

Not much use to ya now but i got mine here

Also heres OK fitting instructions , i found better but can't locate again. It's not much of a challenge anyway.

byte

Originally posted by tinky
    Thanks for the help guys, I've ordered the part from Donberg in Donegal. It's a KHM-400C ok.

Cheers

Tinky

Out of curiousity, how much did it cost?

• Advertisement

It's costing me 95 yoyos inc VAT.

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

considering http://www.siyucom.com/ have a policy *quote* ,€98 IS OUR MAX. CHARGE EVER, *end Quote* would it not have been less hassle and maybe cheaper to send it to them?

Good old backward Ireland !!!!

Got a call from Donberg today telling me that the part I ordered was "no longer being made" I mean WTF !!!???

Anyway I'm going to follow up some of the leads you guys gave me.

Thanks again guys !

Cheers

Tinky

I never cease to be amazed at the customer and service attitude of Irish companies towards customers. Firstly was Donbergs' statement that the laser I sought from them was no longer being made ! Other companies I rang gave a 2 to 3 week delivery time !

I went to a website calledNetPCDirect on Friday afternoon last and despite a very minor postcode problem on their ordering page (which was very quickly sorted with an email which was answered within 10 minutes) the part was ordered - payed for by credit card. Would you believe it the part was delivered - recorded post - to my house about 2 hours ago. This seems to be normal service by UK companies towards their customers wherever they are!

I was originally quoted nearly 100 euro including postage from donberg - NetPCDirect charged me 41 pounds sterling which included the recorded delivery !!!! Wake up Ireland this is the kind of service we demand !

Tinky

• Advertisement
    byte

The failure of the Donberg order was a blessing in disguise! ;)

Just shows, it's best to shop around.

Advertisement