Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRO-MODE OWNS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

pro mod
    yah right

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

It is QW3 Sam, face it. Even Pred can spot that, and he's a muppet.....
    smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Btw pred you say that it is being designed by qw professionals?
    Well I don't know about the other members of the design team, but I do know that SK_Griff, and [9]Paralyzer both play Quake3 professionally

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

pro mode is ok, but some things are annoying.. eg. they added in the "ramp acceleration" bug from QW , and the "double jump" bug from q2.. WHY??

the weapons.. i think they should make the machinegun a more "skillful" weapon by getting rid of the spread, and instead reducing the damage to 5 per bullet (from 7)... similar to the way QW shotgun is a good weapon because it has more uniform spread, while winquake shotgun is ****e because it has very random spread

in the end i think pro mode(modified a lot) will probably take over in the end, the same way that QW took over from winquake, and KTeams mod for QW (allows proper bunnyhopping over 50 FPS, also more options, eg. spawn modes, anti-shotgun script things, etc) generally took over from QW

oh yeah, lower range for lightning gun is ****, instead they should leave the damage as it was(8 per cell?), the increased kickback is what really matters, you can use the lightning gun to control which direction people move in now, just the way it should be.. damage doesnt need to be increased

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 26-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

u tell em sam biggrin.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

While I'm not "pro" enough to tell the diff as far as air control (the only aircontrol I know is how to keep a fart in when in a lift)
    and other stuff what Koopa, etc. are talking about,
    I do like the hud, very nicely done.

P.s For those that are true pros I mean a lift in the "real world" wink.gif

amp - wondering if Ser sez "gg" to barmen smile.gif

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 26-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

the weapons were all too strong, MG+sgg was too strong.

tdm sucked, impossible to "own" or just stay alive.

i like the starting with 100h, and the stronger RL, i enjoy the camping and controlling players.

like sam said, the movement isnt the same as QW, its a cross between ut/q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Im gonna be general here. No tiny details..

Promode puts the R A P E back into q3. The word BOKK can have meaning again. Its fast.

Make no mistakes tho. Its NOT QuakeWorld, nor is it Q3. Its a mod. And like CA, CTF and what-ever, it will be played and probably alot. Remember winquake.. its days were numbered when QW came out.

Have to play it more to give a full opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I have to agree with Ser there, the weapons in q3 are balancced to be strong when you start on 125H, but now they prove ridiculously strong. In QW it took a reasonable amount of skill to be able to spawn frag someone, but if you could react quicker than the guy camping your spawn, you could escape with at least part of your health, now you are more or less dead either way. I think the rockets are powerful enough in the pro-mod, but maybe it is the degradation of the power of the splash damage that is too strong.

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I played a game on Tourney 2 and found the Shaft has become an incredibly powerful weapon.

I might even say TOO strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

what did Hunter beat ya? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Yeah, it was quite a shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

To all those whining and moaning about this new mod, all I can say is -

Leave it to the pros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah the pros can float around magically accelerating forwards and backwards and upside down in the air like pros do.
    if i want to play a ****in flight sim ill buy falcon4..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

rofl smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

No need to buy Falcon4, just play Pro-Mode like you said? If you want to play a flight sim that is...

Advertisement