Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this a good price???

• 15-01-2004 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I can get a Compaq iPaq 5550 for 550euro???, is this a good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

god no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Is that a no because it's crap, or no cause it's a bad price??

komplett are selling it here for this though.......me confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I don't know why the other members said no. I think this is a reasonable deal.

Is it new? If yes, then it is a good deal. This device offers more functionality and features than the newer models 41xx series. It's got 128MB RAM for your use, and a fingerprint scanner, and WiFi and Bluetooth. Plus, as this model range has been around and is well established there are lots of accessories that you can get including GPS Sleeves, PCMCIA sleeves and more at reasonable prices.

If it's second hand, then the seller is pushing it a bit with that price. You will need to ensure that there are no scratches on the screen etc. etc. I sold my 5455 for 400 euros in perfect condition with a bucket load of software and a number of accessories.

However, all that said. The 55xx series is the last model in this range. It's the last of the compaq designs that HP have released. HP now have new ranges, the 19xx, 22xx, 41xx and the soon to be annouced 6xxx series. These devices are all smaller and some are faster than the 55xx series, their processor is a newer revision of the intel x-scale processor. These devices also come in a range of budgets with the latest version available for 600 euros brand new.

So, in summary, this deal is possibly good. Don't let others put you off.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Thanks for the advise Howard. Yes, the iPaq is new including VAT. i actually work for HP so I'm getting a staff discount. Strangely enough, I didn't know they were releasing a whole new range(food for thought).

I have a Jornada 540, but I would really like to have wireless Net access. I have to do some research on WiFi hotspots, plus I'm a bit of a techno weenie.

Laters

Neuro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I think the price is very resonable... looks cheaper than anything I've found...

I was looking at PDAs.. but decided not to buy one in the end because it would just force me to carry yet another thing in my pocket.. I ended up buying the Siemens SX-1 mobile.. not as powerful as a PDA, but as I have to carry a mobile anyways, I felt it was the better option (135mhz CPU, MMC cars slot that takes upto 256 megs, mp3 player, realone player, plays n-gage games etc etc).

I'd say you should buy the PDA if you really think that you'll use it... otherwise, get one of the new "PDA-Mobiles", as you probably carry a mobile anyways, and are therefore more likely to use it.

My opinion anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Good stuff!

I'm about to be a HP staff member too, I'm hoping for some of those discounts myself!

I just bought myself an XDA II. I needed something more than the Motorola smartphone but did not want to get another unconnected device.

You will enjoy the 55xx device, so go for it.

Cheers

Advertisement