Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BDOY : Hacknet sneak preview

• 15-01-2004 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/463/463118p1.html

BDOY is the expansion pack for Neocron. It's due out soon. Hacknet appears to be a world within the Neocron mainframes (think Snowcrash).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

Yeah looks interesting but means everybody and their dogs are going to be hackers now.

Im in the middle of lomming my pistol spy to hack as my clan needs more hackers and Im already being slagged off for it because that was released even though I started beforehand.

KK really need to announce more stuff about DOY and since they said they were going to announce it in early january and its mid january now and Im really starting to lose patience with their messing the community about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

From what I gather hacking won't be the main skill, or will be up to a point.

And it will be mostly based off DEX + INT. So it means Monks will be screwed slightly. More a spys game.

Incidently, 110 hack and 110+ Remote control and you will be able to take anything.

Also what server/clan you in?

I play on uranus in a clan called flux.

Played most servers though but havent particularly liked any others but venus but had a problem when my clan went inactive and I couldnt speak french.

I have a clan set up on Pluto if you ever feel the need to move. Fallen Angels but help you out if you need it regardless of faction.

I started a spy on pluto but didnt particularly like the atmosphere but it probably didnt help that I started TT and most of them have their heads stuck up their arse.

Im actually the happiest on uranus that I have been in a long while and any move I would do wouldnt be permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Been awhile scine I've had a go at Neocron, has it changed much in the last 6 months?

Must reinstall it and try it for a month or so again.

Not alot still the same old bugs added some new PAs and a couple of new weapons but dont expect any major changes until atleast until DOY is released and somehow I dont think it will live up to KKs hype.

Well signed up for a month again. Not too sure about it tbh, think I'll delete the mess what was my character and give it another fresh go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

That sounds really cool , it means the spy will come out on its own a little more. In the past its all been about the Tanks and now its all about over powered monks BDOY will bring on the era of the spy . I am curios to see what other changes will be made i hope they dont curb the pvp any further than they have but only time will tell .

Don't mind snow. There are huge changes in six months. I seriously would look at the patch notes, there is too much to mention.

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=10

My clan is "Tech Haven Ghosts", Fallen Angels. I need more members (Currently have 6). There is no leader as such in the clan, just restrictions to the clan apt until we can trust you.

• Advertisement

Hobbes you should try your hand at saturn you get multi-chars and at peak times theres as many as 300 on not as good as it use to be but still, failing that im thinking of creating a char on pluto whats it like over there .

I have found pluto to be much friendler. None of this 'My Alt character is going to own your ass!' on the server. Although most of the long standing players have alternates (I've got Jaggehs character as a tradesperson after he left it).

Only reason I would suggest 4 character servers is that you get to mess with all the player types, where as Pluto you have to make a choice and work on it.

- Crahn Sect are the most hostile (combat effective)
    - Tangent second, but are a bit snobby.
    - City Mercs seem to be going for the one super clan (BRTF) who pretty much just have numbers on thier side.
    - Angels at the moment are the underdogs but after they put in the new security system into Tech Haven its all changing.
    - Black Dragon, Photoparma and Biotech seem to have the rest of the major players.

Levelling is easy, players are friendly.

Played it for an hour to two during the week, seems the same as it was but to be honest I never really got into it. Just plug skill points in to random attributes and never really had an aim. It became a bit fustrating when I tried some harder npc's after killing rats and spiders and I beaten to a pulp. I'll give pluto a go with a tank maybe. I think one of the other problems I had was I never got in to a clan. I've been playing Eve quite alot and got into a good mining corp with good people and I'm enjoying that quite a bit now. Might give your clan a look up if I decide to stay for the long haul Hobbes :D

Got any good sites/advice for a newbie? :) Been reading the fourms a bit but anything extra (and clearer!) is good.

it isnt all so bad on a 4 slot server, it mean u can have a trade skiller and some players to fight with. If your stupid enough to kill a low level and you cant kill there high level alt well then you deserve to die . Majority of people are friendly get a few idiots here and there , but its all good .

BTW mantel if you play on saturn give Darkh /DArkener/-Dark- a call ill help ya sort your stuff out once you do that it aint so bad , ive really enjoyed the game and cant wait till BDOY .

Originally posted by Darkener
    it isnt all so bad on a 4 slot server, it mean u can have a trade skiller and some players to fight with. If your stupid enough to kill a low level and you cant kill there high level alt well then you deserve to die .

Which is all the things people hate on Pluto. Why bother making a tradeskiller unless all you are working for is your own characters, and being able to log on another character to kill someone means you don't get others to help you so quickly.

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Which is all the things people hate on Pluto. Why bother making a tradeskiller unless all you are working for is your own characters, and being able to log on another character to kill someone means you don't get others to help you so quickly.

Not true about the tradeskiller, yes i created for my own chars but i use it for my friends, you can't always trust tradeskiller's on the server . As far as not getting someone to help you there are always plenty of people no one likes someone who kills in a hunting zone especially when its the agg cellars and it some capped player thinking hes the man. Ah well there two different server's at least they arent as bad as uranus

Uranus doesnt have a problem with pking in the aggies yes theres the odd wanker normally Tsunami that thinks hes the man killing 0/2 but saturn has Vetterox or whatever his name is who thinks he owns from killing newbs all the time at the MB and in TH when it had no security.

Uranus does have problems but as far as Im concerned the only better server is Venus but not speaking french is a problem.

Advertisement