Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All LT Winmodem users (Gateways Modems) cmere.

Options
  • 27-03-2000 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

Oi Vorosha - these are the drivers I've got, they gimme a steady 46-48k connection, and a nice 126 to 138 ping to Vishnu on Indigo.

I also recommend altering your MTU and TTL values, as they can boost your internet connex, not just for games, but for everything.

LT Winmodem Drivers.

[This message has been edited by m1RV (edited 27-03-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 The Rock

HAHA i get 50.1k on my gateway modem useing eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Rock... hah hah, you're ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

nice1 must get those drivers to play during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Makes no odds really; win98 and netmedic tell me I'm connected to esat snl at 115200 bps on a Motorola 56k Voicesurfr. But the actual speed varies incredibly.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Rock - the joke's on you, a 46k/48k connect is better for gaming than a 50,200bps connect, since the margin for pack loss and stuff is wider.
    I don't know exactly why, but if I force a 50k+ connect, I get extremely laggy games of Q3.

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

at the moment i have 45,333
    before i got that little esat box, i used to get 48,000. BUT, normal people in cork city with 56kbps modems get 128,000 with Eircom - hows that? does that mean esat doesn't support this? and my ping is usually slightly better than everyone else - including you m1rv, though maybe that changed since i last played you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

115200 or 128000 is the speed between your computer and the modem - the speed of the serial port if it's external, or the speed of communication over the PCI bus to the modem, if it's internal.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

PCI busses are faster in cork though smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Grr, don't talk to me about buses, this walking to work lark is killing me, I tell you! smile.gif

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I had a grand cycle to work today actually. Sun spawning its rays down upon me. Twas quite pretty. Gliding through traffic... awwww the good life...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I think (hope) Amp was trying to be funny there. Now spell it with me everybody H-U-M-O-U-R

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

Advertisement