Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to do

Options
  • 15-01-2004 8:07pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

Well I'm bored and should be studying but that's enough about me.

When do you kids get your mid term break. We all need a reunion. A good one, a big one. And we need to get notice of it to all the CTYIers we can manage.

Old, new etc etc. Everyone and anyone.

Like a good oul Reunion of Old. :)

Feel free to throw in dates. I've absolutely no idea when people are free etc but I'm sure it'll probably a Saturday as usual. No harm in that. Tis tradition after all.

Anyway lets try to make it a good one, a big one. A lot of us have been bad at keeping contact etc so here's all of our chances to fix that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Well, the midterms are usually around Valentines day.

And valentines day is a saturday.

Thar you go.

also i only agree to this being organised if we can get along as many of the oldies as possible :) the 2000/2001 crowd shouldnt be too hard to get in contact with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I think it'd be a great idea, just don't tell oisín or he'll put it in the back end of mayo or something

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'm sorry but the place it's gotta be is St. Stephens Green.

No questions. It's tradition. It's also the easiest place to get to. All roads lead to Dublin etc etc etc.

Hopefully people can arrange to stay somewhere up here, stay with someone etc.

It's been done before, it can be done again.

of course, noon at the green. ITS TRADITION!!!

tell that to my brother

Why do i get the feeling that somewhere a bald man with a cat is saying

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Because ur brother was standing behind u?

Yeah, make the reunion on valentines day, give us single people some where to go/ something to do, or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

hehehe..so true so true..^___^ although i don't particularly like the cat part ;)
    <sigh> i wish i could go but, alas, i'm stuck in america..best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

hey. that reunion in kilkenny was a good idea at the time. admittedly, i was in galway on given day, but what the hell.

can we also have a big massive hyper super mega fun reunion around the end of june? when i'm allowed out of the house after doin the leaving? for the kids' sake?

or like the third of july or something. or the last day of whenever session one is. something like that, then.

(cos i dunno about anybody else, but on valentine's day, i intend to be in a club, licking someone's and enjoying my bacardi. like it was my birthday)

A club?

Well reunions happen during the day so...

REUNION, much later home, get ready then club.

I'm sure there will be others for sure.

Lets just focus on this one for the time being...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Old sk00l. Phrom de STREEEETS. Et cetera

I miss the mega-reunions of yore, when there would be serious pedestrian congestion outside the green for a couple of hours on saturday mornings. But alas, I haven't even met anyone outside the green these days. *sigh*

Please, do come. Especially the oldies out there.

• Advertisement

Yeah we definately need the conjestion, no seriously I'm no actually saying that in jest.

Twas great when we'd have all outside the entrance and all inside the entrance on both sides. Oh well pretty much EVERYWHERE.

We'll need to post it to the CTYI-Reunion list and then hit all our own mailing/texting lists. That's the only way I can see it being big.

Anyone with an o2 phone, use your webtxts to tell every CTYI person you ever knew to come!

(Not sure if i can be there, but ill try, and spread the word)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

<bump>

it's a bit late, but hey, I got paid

Tis Mid Term week for a lotta people so people should have one next Saturday.

Which incidentely is the end of me being a teenager. I'll be at an Archery Intervarsity in UCD though. Not intending competing though.

Go! Reunion!!! Tis you're new goal in life. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Ok, we're all obviously in favour of having a big huge meg a super fun reunion, but we need to figure out a date. The fourtheenth one wasn't exactly a sucess- well there was me, Hilary and Deirdre, and some Nevermores who we didn't know. We need a BIG ONE, one where the police come on horses and say "move along, now". But first of all we need a date. Well if you all want to go for short notice, theres the 21st of February, but thats a bit... well... short notice. So theres Easter. Lots of time to rustle up a big crowd, big enough to congest like the reunions of old. So my easter break is the 2nd to the 19th of April I think. I suppose everyone elses is around then? So lets find a saturday that suits everyone and organise it! For Dublin, on the Green, by the way. At noon.
    so anyways what date suits everyone???

not easter!

Im in america at easter

oh poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

why don't we all make many assorted posters for a "protest" of sorts that will take place at stephens green on whatever date during easter. we can plaster them all over the city ala reclaim the streets and then even if ctyi people don't come lots of new age hippy types will show up to party with us.
    also we should each of us get a copy of the roll from perhaps our last two or three sessions(obviously less if your a newer member of the ctyi elite) and get in touch with as many names as we recognize. the ctyi is still open in dcu for some reason, and for some reason they have no objection to giving away our valuable personal information once we're not there anymore. well perhaps thats only for fellow ctyiers. but beside the point - imagine if we actually got every semi-interested ctyi attendee to attend.
    we could start an army.
    but dont let barry lead us.
    he's pro war.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

/notices links to 'Gangs of New York'
    and over my dead body barry will be any sort of power position.
    protest against what?

(dear god, a thread that may be going somewhere on the ctyi board!)
    <edit> sadly, i was wrong</edit>

it doesn't matter what the portest is about - just as long as it makes people show. we could directly relate it to ctyi somehow, evoke some sentiment, and hopefully affirmative action.

Or you could not. i doubt the powers that be would be all that happy with "CTYI RECLAIM THE STREETS" plastered everywhere. also ... actually no i'm not even arsed trying to argue the stupidity of this thread.

• Advertisement

how nicely put. the powers that be dont exactly get a choice in the matter. the didnt do anything about the actual reclaim the strees because they couldnt. its not like we're going to put personal information on the posters. lighten up for gods sake

simply put, if you're the organiser of something along the lines of ctyi, and you put something directly related to CTYI onto the posters, then they do have a say in it. tough luck :P

you can organise whatever the fuck you want tbh, you just wont be organising that here. Grow up for gods sake.

A protest? Dumbest idea I've ever heard a CTYIer come up with.

Lets not hear anymore of this crap.

There's no need to poster crap anywhere to get people to goto a reunion.

The 14th fell on it's knees because people didn't think it was on.

At least I didn't and I organised the damn thing.

jesus christ crash i wasn't bloody well organising it here. i threw out an idea because the name of this thread is "something to do". i know a damn protest wouldn't work but it's not like anyone cares about these reunions anymore anyway. i mean you don't even go to them yourself. i do not need to grow up for throwing out an idea for fun - that's half of what people do on boards. if you don't like the thread then close it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Mother of God, shut up. Your idea was debunked by your peers (those who have been *proven* to be, at least academically, to be most like you)... one of which is a moderator of this very forum. Shut up, admit it was the stupidest "cunning plan" ever and <<snip>> do something that doesn't annoy half the people that have looked in this thread so far.

Advertisement