Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The front Page!

Options
  • 15-01-2004 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Sometime back Devore I think posted something about the front page being tweaked so it was'nt such a monster to load, whats the story?

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by mike65
    whats the story?
    All I know is Devore and Lucutus were down the laneway behind the George today. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Pimping and whoring, but they have to learn a living somehow :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All I know is Devore and Lucutus were down the laneway behind the George today :)

Suddenly...
    ....being tweaked so it was'nt such a monster to load,

...takes on a whole new meaning! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Back to sorta on topicage.

Would it be possible to make the home page use the same skin as you're using on the actual boards.

Weird having a white homepage then going to a black cloud skin etc...

Just a mere suggestion.

Ste-.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Ste-
    Weird having a white homepage then going to a black cloud skin etc...

Just a mere suggestion.

Ste-.
    what about a grey front page click
    looks good. not sure about the pictures, they prob grow on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It not bad apart from the pix (I would have none at all)
    and the fact its framed for a larger resolution than I have...it loaded much quicker! (30kb?)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Rabies
    http://www.boards.ie/new.php

Thats looking quite sex at the moment. Only problems are; IFRAME is annoying having to scroll down to see the threads. Have it showing all or less, not the scroll :( . also on the CSS front the black link chaning to white link on grey backgound is kinda a bit too much if you understand me. And the visited links are differant colour to all the others... I hate that with CSS, the whole visited link colour thingy..

And I do remember the old thread about the front page. However I dont ever remember it coming to a conclusion. Meh, nothing ever does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Those images are only stop-gaps until we can get the page fully tarted up...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

*makes thumbs up gesture*

'tis pretty. But having a username/password box onscreen when I'm already logged in always irritates me that little bit :dunno:

}:>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ok heres the current plan of action which Ill announce in a while (when Im not on a stupid italian keyboard)

1. Get test server set up.
    2. Get frontpage rejigged (no pics, much bigger threads area, different colour scheme)
    3. feedback from community
    4. Go live.

5. Test latest RC of VB3.0 which seems stable enough.
    6. Have Justhalf and his team look at the XML etc.
    7. More feedback.
    8. Go live.

Having a test server will improve things immensely and help speed changes along.
    DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement