Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speedtouch and alcatel

Options
  • 15-01-2004 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I installed win xp pro today, a fresh install, , I had win98se installed before, but XP was saying my modem was not pluged in, so here I am back with win98se,
    does anyone know what the problem is.

the modem is an alcatel speedtouch

Thanks. Cranoo. :D

Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.2222 A
    Clean install using Full OEM
    IE 5 5.00.2614.3500

AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+
    512MB RAM
    77% system resources free
    )
    . :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

em.. that was a lot of hassle to just get your modem working, did you try to reseat it? were you using the xp drivers? etc... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Install XP then install the modem drivers............Please say you installed the drivers before going back to 98se.

Thanks joePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

I installed xp then the drivers that came with the moden, I looked on www.alcateldsl.com and the drivers there did'nt say anything about xp drivers,
    also xp said there was a prop with my sblive sound card and raspppoe client plus many other conflicts, dont know why? the puter is only a few months old, its not a branded puter its a put together thing from differnt components.

Cranoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

ok sounds like something seriously wrong there, 2000 picks up my soundblaster instantly and so did xp, so it sounds like a bad install (don't know how it could happen though) I'm going to take a guess that your modem drivers are all os inclusive and are just all in one. What model modem are you using? usb or model number would be handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

. What model modem are you using? usb or model number would be handy. [/B]

Alcatel SpeedTouch(tm) USB ADSL RFC1483

:rolleyes: Cranoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Have you got the on-board motherboard sound disabled?, did this modem come with connection software to one of the major ISP in Eire?. It sounds as if you didn't install the PPPoE client on your machine properly since your modem is a dumb USB box it needs s/w on the machine it's connected to, ask whomever you are getting your net from to send out the latest PPPoE client s/w. Alternatively get a real piece of hardware a proper router/modem combo - no more need for this s/w crap.

Advertisement