Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 Help?

Options
  • 26-03-2000 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Righty,

I've gone Quake Cold turkey for the past two or three months and it's time to roll extravagantly off the wagon.

I'm off out to purchase myself a spanking new shiny copy of Q3. Thing is, I tried installing the demo on my machine and nothing worked. It couldn't find the OpenGl support files.

Computer has a V3 3dfx card. I tried d'loading the miniglsetup file but that doesn't help.
    I've tried the v3 driver on the 3dfx website, nada.

Any suggestions? No point in getting the game if I can't install it.... frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well, I just fresh installed a while back and I just got the latest drivers from 3dfx and that did the trick. Mind you that was with the full version.
    Buy it anyway Lolth, I don't think there's a single v3 owner that hasn't had to over come a little trouble to get it working, but did in the end. Am I right? I think I am.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

it says cannot exec openGL or something?
    same happened to me because the open gl was completely hidden on the cd. thought i would have to download something, but i found it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Em, Wicked GL did fuppin' wonders fer my V3
    Can't remember where i got it tho - anyone know?

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, I had a p1ssy time using Q3 before running "glsetup.exe", Quake3 just kept exiting back to the desktop, pain in the @rse.

(..\Extras\glsetup.exe)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

get the wickedgl drivers from the upsetchaps web site www.upsetchaps.com
    its under q3 and then game tweaks i think.
    it speeds up the game by a good few percent without having to do any tweaks and work on other games as well.
    and any games that dont use it, well, it just reerts back to the normal voodoo drivers. bit useful really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Ok,

got WickedGL. Only thing is, it doesn't INSTALL OpenGL drivers, it just changes them, so the games has to be installed before you run WickedGL on it.

Q3 won't install because of a lack of OpenGL support.

I'll get it anyway and see if I can find th GLsetup.exe. If not, then there'll be a cheap copy of Q3 for sale , brand new, only used once (and possibly jumped on a few times)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

glsetup is on the cd yah freak smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmm, maybe that's why I said

"I'll get it anyway and see if I can find th GLsetup.exe".... I forgot that a student would be reading this, so I didn't specify every little detail. Add in "on the CD" to the end of that sentence.

oh, and go get a job ya tax sponge!!!! :P

Advertisement