Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodstock Headliner announced/

Options
  • 15-01-2004 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Children of Bodom were named today as the headliners on the Saturday of the 2 day Festival. Other groups include Sonata Arctica, Threshold ,and Primal Fear. More to be added (hammerfall hopefully)

Shaping up to be a great 2 days. I have my ticket so im happy :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I should be getting my tickets soon enough, Ronan.

Flights from Dublin to EastMidlands are currently priced at 64 euros return on www.bmibaby.com

I'll probably try and head over withyourself this year, and avoid missing out on a few acts like I did last year. So tell me your plans when you've got an idea.

Shall we try and get the same B&B as last year?
    That place was great, and quite close to the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

64 euros excellent. I will prob head over the morning of the gig like last time as it allows for delays etc but means getting to Dublin early. One can sleep in the airport with a bottle of vodka for comfort :D

To all the other readers of the forum looking for a good festival to goto then give Bloodstock a look it is well worth it. And Derby is cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

:eek: fookin deadly! but i probably wont be going. im going to Iced Earth and Primal Fear on the 21st of march and then Wacken later on.

Children Of Bodom are on the wacken line up, but id love to Sonata Arctica just as much.

here is the Wacken flyer just in case youre curious check out wacken.com for more info

woa2004plakat.jpg

Was thinking of going to Wacken but aint 100% was also planning on going to www.graspop.com in June but there an important family event on the same weekend so diplomacy will be needed ;)

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    64 euros excellent. I will prob head over the morning of the gig like last time as it allows for delays etc but means getting to Dublin early. One can sleep in the airport with a bottle of vodka for comfort :D

Fair enough, I'll head along with you.

Might be booking tickets soon enough, so I'll give you the heads up. Was considering heading over the night before myself, so I'd have a good rest and nice wide open eyes for the bands on the day. Thoughts?

If you want to book the plane tickets, let me know, and I'll fly you up some money.

• Advertisement

Aye the evening before could also be done. I will give ya a shout on IRC later when im home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Id like to go along with ya's if you dont be minding :)

Defo up for seeing CoB and Sonata Arctica

Pugsley old mucker old matey it would be a pleasure :D bring Lurch as well ;)

If you are on IRC later (after7pm) ill talk to ya there about details.

The more the merrier, Pugs!

Any other takers for this fine Metal event? It will be a truely enjoyable weekend.

• Advertisement

If I can get lurch to come I will, but I doubt he'll bother, hes not up for concerts and stuff much. But, alas, Ill ask him when he wakens (at about 2pm ;)).

Terrable news........ lurch might be coming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

children of bodom rule, sounds great, ill try to make it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I'm not sure that I will go this year. The line-up isn't really interesting me so far.

I am still a member of the Rock Society club, though. So I assume within the next couple of months I will recieve a member's pass.

So I'll be willing to auction that pass to anyone here who may want it. I'll give you whatever promo stuff I recieve also.

Ken, I'll PM you the number for that B&B later if you want.

Ah, that's a pity Oeneus, you'll be missed.
    Not of a fan of Children Of Bodom then I take it?

T'was a great lark last year.

And yes, if you could PM me the B&B number, I'd be well gratefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Goddman! I wish I could go..but no!!I have to be 14.Fvck,and its such a damn good line up too. :mad:

Strange Ive been posting in this section non stop for the past while and I havent noticed this thread.I must have thought it was another charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Don't be such a wuss. Last year there was a 4 year old girl moshing away.

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Don't be such a wuss. Last year there was a 4 year old girl moshing away.

Indeed there was that was truely a great image, she was even wearing a Saxon tshirt afair, she rocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Im just bummed I cant go,I wouldnt give a crap who I was moshing with anyway,for me I dont even know where I am half the time and thats what I will truly miss.But hey when Ozzfest comes back Im goona anihalate all yall! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

14 you say? I'm afraid good sir I'm going to have to shoot you!

*Bang*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Hmmm, i might go to wacken, whats the overall cost from expierence?

Just goto bloodstock! or both ;)

Just curious, roughly how much will it cost from friday to monday with flights + tickets + a B&B? (no drink/food in this value :))

You're looking at about 70 euros for the flight, 60 euros for the concert ticket, and about 20 pounds for B&B per night.

190 yoyos, about £110 then, nay bad if you ask me :)

SINERGY now have been added to the bill this is really shaping up well.

Gamma Ray, Threshold, Illuminatus, and Infobia have also been added to the bill.

Can't say I'm that impressed with that lot...
    But Children Of Bodom, Sonata Arctica and Sinergy ON THE SAME ****ING BILL!?!?!?

HOLY COW BATMAN!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Nearly too good to be true.

Got my ticket yesterday looking very nice and firm and curvacious.........

:eek:

My ticket arrived today! :D

Crikey, I cannot wait!

• Advertisement

Sinergy too?! happy days! :D

I really should order my ticket soon, may do it tomorrow.

Advertisement