Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodstock Headliner announced/

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Main Stage for the Saturday is:

# CHILDREN OF BODOM (headline)
    # SONATA ARCTICA
    # PRIMAL FEAR
    # BALANCE OF POWER
    # EDENBRIDGE
    # EVERGREY
    # PANIC CELL
    # INTENSE

\m/

Also tickets are 50% + sold atm so get ordering soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

After heeding ronan's advice, i ordered on monday, tickets arrived htis morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

hhmmm i think Wacken is off for me.... and Graspop is too close to my leaving.... so bloodstock it is!!

question!: is it likely to sell out soon i.e. should i buy my ticket now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes. Buy it now.

More the merrier neshead, nice one :)

I wouldnt give the tickets more than 2 months or so left anyway before thier sold out.

• Advertisement

Good good! Im booking accom soon let us know if yer deffo going.

ye ok just to let u know ill be bringing 3 other mates wth me....... but we might be making our own way so dont book anything for me yet. pm me!!

[edit]
    ok the lads are on for it stick down four places (thats including me!) for flights/accomdation/whatever, the whole shebang! yay we're goin to bloodstock!!

Sorry but im not booking accom/flights for 4 people. Ill gladly find out about availability for ye but not doing the booking!

ok erm could you just pm or e-mail me the flight details, and B&B no. might come in handy!

thats cool i didnt realise you were travelling as a small group, thought this was a big group trip thingy.

• Advertisement

Nexthead, currently Me, ronan, and Kurt are travelling as a group, and then you 4 are coming too as your own group, so 7 total.

Me and Mr Hungus are flying from Knock (county Mayo!) on the night before the gig. Pugsley is flying from <insert airport here please>

For flights Id recommend going to www.bmibaby.com and seeing the prices. As for a B&B I have nop idea I will ring up the derby tourist board today and see if I could fnd summit for 8 people? Apologies if you thought it was all being group booked I didnt mean for it to come across as that. I will gladly give ye as much help as possible though to get sorted with everything :)

Let me know via pm or here what dates ye wanna head over for. Id recommend the night ebfore as the last time the only reliable flight was at 7am on the morning of the first day of the gig and tbh yer wrecked that night. Especially if ya like me had to leave at 2am for the flight!

Ill be getting these flights from dub from BMI baby:

Thu, 02 Sep 04
    Flight WW5790 18:25 Depart Dublin (DUB)

Sun, 05 Sep 04
    Flight WW5789 13:10 Depart Nottingham East Midlands (EMA)

Pretty sure thatst he flights im getting, what time will you and karl be landing anyway?

We wont be in EastMidlands until ten past ten that night.

2nd September 2004 WW5336 Knock 21:10 Nottingham East Midlands 22:10
    5th September 2004 WW5335 Nottingham East Midlands 11:50 Knock 12:50

thats kool and the gang.
    Pugs flights look right. have got your plane tickets bought already too?

Nah aint baught them yet, will you be heading out on the same flight with your crew nesthead?

ye most likely.

whoo Primal Fear, COB and Sonata Arctica!! cant wait!!! all i want is a bit of me Wolf & Raven and I can just go home!!!

Im hoping Sonata Arctica play 'the Power of One', excellent song, wouldnt mind some 'Silver Tongue' from them either, from CoB im really hoping for Warheart, Every Time I Die, and Kissing the Shadow :)
    The Bi*ch is Back from Synergy would go down very nicely too.

i know Alexi is/was in Sinergy, but how similar to COB are they? any good albums worth checking out?

Just recieved my promo tshirt today :) Feels all good against my skin. Now to sort accomodation or ill be sleeping in the town square!

• Advertisement

Their pretty damn diffrent to sinergy, infact their almost totally diffrent. The only thing really similar is the fact the guitar play is very fast and energetic, in COB alexi sings, well growls. Much heavier than synergy. As far as albums go, cant go wrong with 'follow the reaper', some excellent stuff on that album, the song 'kissing the shadow' on it ends with an awsome 2 minute solo, and many other excellent songs on it.

no i meant any good sinergy albums to get :p

have Hatebreeder, 'tis class!

O right, get 'Suicide by my Side' then. :)

@Nesthead

08701 977072

That is the number for the Travel Inn (west) in Derby if ye havent found accomodation yet. It works out at about 32 euro a nigth there for a double room. They are about 10 minute drive from the city centre (15 mins walk apparently!) I booked rooms there for the few of us. Give em a ring they should have rooms left but do it asap.

Upon closer reflection I hope double room means two beds as if not its gona be mighty and cosey Puglsely :D

If its one double bed, I pity the bed, imagine the strain with us 2 buggers in it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Er, double room usually does mean double bed...
    It's a twin room you should be after.

I made that mistake before... But thankfully we managed to change it to a twin room on the day. Had to pay a little extra mind you, but that didn't bother me in the slightest, considering the alternative.

Well this place only has double rooms.... Unless someone wants to ring up the above number and just ask if they do have the possibility of twin room..

My mobile is maxed almost from all the calling atm!

cheers ronan, ill get right on it once i talk to the lads (theyll most likely be saying **** like dont book until close to the gig cause it'l be cheaper or some non-sensical ****)

It works out at 32euro a night , wont get much cheaper than that and derby will be more or less booked out any closer to the date.

• Advertisement

If theres only 1 double bed, surely we can take a night each on the couch ronan? :)

Advertisement