Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodstock Headliner announced/

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

What happens if one of ye score at the gig???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

bath tub for one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I dunno, 3some.

me + u and a girl ronan...........thats alotta body mass to surround 1 ladie :eek:

AH! It melts my mind! I think its best if one sleeps outside. On another note you better book yer flight mister or else ya will be hiding in the luggage!

• Advertisement

Can I not get a flight with you now? or is it the extra person at the hotel your worried about?

Of course you can get the same flight! that is what I was meaning. It is a smallish fligth and if ya leave it to late it could be booked up that is all. Hotel doesnt bother me in the least.

Ah ok, ill book the flights this evening then, these flights are right? :

2nd September 2004 WW5336 Knock 21:10 Nottingham East Midlands 22:10
    5th September 2004 WW5335 Nottingham East Midlands 11:50 Knock 12:50

Got the plane tickets now, came to 92 yoyo's, which aint too steep for a return.

I got mine for 70ish see if ya had booked em early :P

Anyway all thats left is to get on the plane and have a jolly old time what ho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i envy those who are going, curse this lack of cash!

I have no money either m8, just save up and money appears out of odd place's, stash it away and it all add's up :)

I paid for my £40 bloodstock ticket with loose change I saved, £27 of it was in £1 and £2 coins, the rest was loose change....... my mum wasnt too happy about that :)

7 weeks to go!

3 odd weeks to go now! Also the Bloodstock christmas bash on the 19th of december will have Edguy as the main act with unknown support group. Blaze is playing the same venue the night before so could be made into a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Anyone any idea if the ryanair airport is far out or is the same airport as bmi fly to?? flights with bmi have gotten really expensive, but ryanair still have good deals on.

They both fly to Nottingham (east midlands) afaik. Only other airport around there is Birmingham I think!

Cheers for that - does anyone know any b&b's that might still be available! I've rung a few places but they're all booked up! Only decided this week that I'm going..

Oh eck! B&B'S could be rarer than some rare thing! Try www.travelinn.co.uk they may have a spare room going (select derby east or west from the list available ) also on the bloodstock site there is a link as to where to stay id imagine most there are booked out but worth trying. Let us know how ya get on and ill try help as I can.

Thanx for the advise. I'd tried there amongst others but no luck, but this afternoon I finally got somewhere - I think it was the Travel Lodge I eventually got, tried so many I forget. So all sorted - thanks again. Booked the flights & ordered tickets too, so no going back!

Glad to hear you got sorted! You should give us a shout closer the time and the merry band of users from the foum here can meet up a snifter of cherry! or a keg of ale at the gig either is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

only decidied to go yesterday, with just 1 mate. tryin to book stuff now...

have you got sorted yet?
    Ryanair flights didnt cost too much - around €60 me thinks & I emailed the organisers & asked them to hold my tickets at the door instead of risking them via the crap irish post!

SORTED!! got my ryanair flights (only 15 euro each!!) my tickets, and a place in the Penine Hotel, which is in the town centre (and they still have rooms!! the number is 004413322341741) [edit] its £45 per night btw [/edit]

roll on BLOODSTOCK!!! so excited now!! just have to get some gamma ray, sinergy, threshold and sonata arctica albums!!

Hi Nesthead,
    Don't know if it'll affect your decision on where you stay - but I looked up the Pennine Hotel (had considered changing to there because they're closer to the venue than where I'm staying) and saw this review! As the last review is only last month, I presume it hasn't changed!
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187048-d193447-Reviews-Pennine-Derby_Derbyshire_England.html
    Anyway, just thought I'd let you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've stayed in the Pennine for Bloodstock '02 and I thought it was grand tbh, nothing at all like what was described in that review. The room was perfectly clean, and I had a shower in the morning, it was fine...

Now addmittedly, that was two years ago now, and that's plenty of time for mold to grow, but I wouldn't worry too much.

It looked like an abandoned college with the drapes flying freely out of the open windows and all it was short from having was Herman Munster at the door with lightening flashing over the roof.

it was a ---- hole by all the graffiti on the walls, when we opened the room doors the first thing to meet us was all the cigarette holes in the carpet, we then peered around to the beds and their was rising damp up the walls with the wallpaper blistering and missing patches and the ceiling had patches of paper missing with fungus spores growing from it. The best part was the bathrooms, the pipes were leaking, and the cold-water tap had a HS sticker over it saying “Warning Do Not Drink, Unfit For Human Consumption. Do Not Brush Teeth” the bath had ground-in stains and cracks in, the toilet had poo residue in it (as if all the poo had slid down the pan-a good 12 months worth) and the radiator was hanging of the wall. The best part of the hotel was the Breakfast, you got a decent breakfast. If you’re looking for a hotel to slot a bird in and get your head down in then this is the place other wise stay in a tent. Do not expect the Ritz, expect the pitz. A ---- hole basically
    The rooms were unclean, freezing, brown marks down the toilet.

YYYEAAAHHHH!!!! HEAVY ****ING METAL!!!!

**** Bmi **** Bmi **** Bmi! :mad: :mad:

Ronan MAD! they onyl have gone and cancelled the flights and given me less than a weeks notice. Have to find alternate flights now.

Pugsleyif you read this before I tak to ya you will need to ring up 0870 02642229 and press option 4 and ask for a full refund on the lfights as tbh they are worthless now to us. Im looking for alternate flights now.

i got flights on ryanair for 90 cents!!! have to come home at 23:00 on sunday tho

Crud, fair enough Ronin, ill do it later on tonight, whats the quickest the next flights will be sorted?

• Advertisement

got my tickets today :D

a couple of questions for all u guys who were there last year...... apparently theres loads of stalls of c.d.'s t-shirts etc..... is it expensive?? do they have any stuff worth buying??

Advertisement