Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv clicksilver...........

• 15-01-2004 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

This may be the wrong place and if so would the mod please move it to the correct forum i'm sorry.

My problem is i am using utv clicksilver broadband and i had it runing on windows me but i switched os to windows 2000.I can get the modem to work but it needs a lan to be connected and then 20 minutes later it disconnects saying the lan is unplugged,i dont have a lan card in the pc so :S how can i make it so i have a continous connection.

I'm a moron so any help would be appreciated and i installed sp if that means anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The UTV modem connects via usb, so a lan port isn't needed. Do you have just the one computer? I'm assuming you're not trying to connect up some others in a home network. Have you spoken to UTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Can you try to state your problem more clearly ? I can't make out what may be the issue.
    Also, if you are getting any error messages, you'd be better off posting their content verbatim.
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I have a usb adsl modem from utv,i'm running windows 2000,i have no lan card on it but in dial up networking there is a lan card icon.If i want to connect to the internet i need to turn it on and then i am able to connect but only for 20 odd minutes at a time after which it disconnects saying my lan card has been unplugged,i am only running one pc.I want to make it so it connects without any bs about a lan card.I am a moron and again SORRY :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

not exactly tech minded here now , but if I understand this correctly the lan icon you are speaking of is for the zyxel modem , because it is an always on connection it sets itself up as a LAN . The default view in xp is for this to be seen under "Lan or high speed inet connection" . Is this what you mean ?

When it disconnects you get the message that your local area connection has terminated ?

Mods ...if I'm way off base here plz delete.

John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

when you installed the USB modem, it should have put a dial-up connection into your network and dial up connections area, called UTV Clicksilver.
    On my PC it has a little phone icon and is refered to as a dial up connection, this is the icon you should be using to connect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement